Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R - S2000

Hardrace trailing arm bushing alignment DC2R or others

I tried looking around for more information, but no dice.
    Regarding alignment settings for stiffer/hardened rear trailing arm bushings on my dc2r.

My current stock alignment is with total rear toe in of 2mm. From what I have gathered this stock alignment is for OEM bushings which are softer.

Comparing the OEM and Hardrace bushings, there is a far smaller gap for movement in the hardrace. And seeing as the nature of the trailing arm returning closer to 0mm when travelling at higher speeds, does that mean that the hardrace bushing wouldn't return as close?

Should I be running less toe in as I have hardrace bushings, which are harder/stiffer in comparison to OEM bushings?

EDIT: Also, a question to all dc2r owners running with HR Rear Trailing arm bushings. What are your wheel alignment settings?

My apologies if I don't make any sense, I just don't want to destroy my new tyres.

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    I think I understand what you're asking.
    your logic is sound. (pardon the Spok reference) I think is safe to assume the movement would be less with stiffer bushes.
    My understanding is toe in factory setting is catering for a novice driver who appreciates more stable straight line handling characteristics.
    personally have two vehicles with HR RTA bushes and both cars run zero toe rear and it drives quite nice on the street.
    typical toe out for track with more steering response. Toe in for straight line handling.
    I'm running
    Quote Originally Posted by kraftycuts View Post
    I tried looking around for more information, but no dice.
    Regarding alignment settings for stiffer/hardened rear trailing arm bushings on my dc2r.

My current stock alignment is with total rear toe in of 2mm. From what I have gathered this stock alignment is for OEM bushings which are softer.

Comparing the OEM and Hardrace bushings, there is a far smaller gap for movement in the hardrace. And seeing as the nature of the trailing arm returning closer to 0mm when travelling at higher speeds, does that mean that the hardrace bushing wouldn't return as close?

Should I be running less toe in as I have hardrace bushings, which are harder/stiffer in comparison to OEM bushings?

EDIT: Also, a question to all dc2r owners running with HR Rear Trailing arm bushings. What are your wheel alignment settings?

My apologies if I don't make any sense, I just don't want to destroy my new tyres.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Stiff rta wont handle better and why put taiwan made in place of oem japanese
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahByuddy View Post
    because the OEM japanese is 20 years old?
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Didnt mean like that met
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R - S2000
    Thanks for clarifying that.
    I think I might run with rear toe in somewhere around 0-0.5, as it is mostly my daily with the occasional high speed highway drives.
    How are you finding the tyre wear from running 0 toe on your street vehicle? (considering you are running some degree of negative camber)

Quote Originally Posted by cbauto View Post
    I think I understand what you're asking.
    your logic is sound. (pardon the Spok reference) I think is safe to assume the movement would be less with stiffer bushes.
    My understanding is toe in factory setting is catering for a novice driver who appreciates more stable straight line handling characteristics.
    personally have two vehicles with HR RTA bushes and both cars run zero toe rear and it drives quite nice on the street.
    typical toe out for track with more steering response. Toe in for straight line handling.
    I'm running

Fair point. But as cbauto said, it is 20 years old and was worn out.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahByuddy View Post

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    He probably meant if replacing them stick with oem,obviously the originals are too old

Personally feel the toe should be the same as standard.
    Its the compensator arms and ultimately the toe bolt n washer which see the most force laid upon them.
    Even rock hard RTA's flex and pivot as both ends are under extreme movement....a larger rear swaybar and or stiffer suspension with reduce your body roll and pivoting movement into the RTA's compared to dead standard

PS don't forget to index the bushes relative to your ride height - IF it isn't standard !

Member Array
    Car:
    DECF28R & JB627
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    PS don't forget to index the bushes relative to your ride height - IF it isn't standard !
    yh, this

Quote Originally Posted by kraftycuts View Post
    Thanks for clarifying that.

How are you finding the tyre wear from running 0 toe on your street vehicle? (considering you are running some degree of negative camber)
    ur welcum m8

even though they are street cars. they don't see enough km's to accurately judge tire wear.
    SSpamily

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2R - S2000
    Thanks, What if I'm also running a bit of negative camber. How much? I'm not entirely sure.

As for indexing the RTA bushes relative to ride height, I actually had them aligned to stock height.
    I then got coilovers later on. Should I be adjusting them somehow to the new height?

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Personally feel the toe should be the same as standard.
    Its the compensator arms and ultimately the toe bolt n washer which see the most force laid upon them.
    Even rock hard RTA's flex and pivot as both ends are under extreme movement....a larger rear swaybar and or stiffer suspension with reduce your body roll and pivoting movement into the RTA's compared to dead standard

yes you should. If you intend to have a lowered stance with the life of the car it's advisable to do so. It prevents binding and preloading the RTA , and thus prolongs its life. This applies for any suspension component.

PS it's not hard to work out on paper what exact angle vs standard to go at !