Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1

Another R18A1 thread about ECU's

Howdy,

Does anyone know other options of tuning aside from Hondata as I don't feel like changing the ECU.

P.S. Before anyone says "why bother" or anything like that, maybe I'm just wanting to explore my options for the lolz

Most are designed for the US model, so you'll start by troubleshooting that side of it. Besides that unless you're going to turbo it, you are honestly burning money with little to gain.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1
    I'm not ruling out a turbo eventually , It's primarily just for practice, I don't feel like paying 10k to swap the engine or doing myself as I don't have an area to do it in, and I don't yet feel like changing cars yet. I'm not expecting it to really climb by much, just like driving and I find this fun.

Just to note ... anything aside from changing the ECU is going to be a placebo and will ultimately be an expensive plastic box with a circuit board inside.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1
    I imagine it wouldn't know how to use it without it, I'm planning to switch to a US ecu anyway so I can use Hondata

PM Stevil he did it previously, and he might still have his turbo kit.

Member Array
    Car:
    Civic FD1
    Thx, either way what ever happens I'll share what little I get or whatever lol