Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord

Accord Euro Navi Luxury 2011 centre console armrest

The leather armrest on my Accord Euro has developed some unsightly bubbles. I intended to have the armrest repaired but have not been able to separate the leather cover from the rest of the armrest assembly. Honda's solution to the problem is to buy a new armrest for approximately $500 - as if! Unfortunately, I have been unable to find any information on how to separate the armrest cover on the internet or from any motor trimmers. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I also had this problem recently, here is the solution.

In the US, the Honda Accord Euro CU2 is sold as an Acura TSX.

Go on ebay (Australian version is fine) and search "Acura TSX Leather Armrest" and they literally display options in all diff colours for around $60 inc shipping. This is for "replacement upholstery" so it's not the entire armrest mechanisim but rather just the ACTUAL leather.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Honda Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by WeUpperEchelon View Post
    I also had this problem recently, here is the solution.

In the US, the Honda Accord Euro CU2 is sold as an Acura TSX.

Go on ebay (Australian version is fine) and search "Acura TSX Leather Armrest" and they literally display options in all diff colours for around $60 inc shipping. This is for "replacement upholstery" so it's not the entire armrest mechanisim but rather just the ACTUAL leather.
    Thank you for your replay, however, the problem is not the leather cover but how to separate the old leather cover from the sliding armrest lid. I have removed the whole armrest from the center console but was unable to separate the leather part from the sliding mechanism. The word from Honda was that the armrest is not repairable and can only be replaced with a complete new unit - purchased from Honda of course. I have attached a photo of the actual armrest from inside the car and removed from the car.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Armrest.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	29793   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Under armrest 2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	29794   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Under armrest.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	39.0 KB 
ID:	29795  

Quote Originally Posted by siggyinbrizzy View Post
    Thank you for your replay, however, the problem is not the leather cover but how to separate the old leather cover from the sliding armrest lid. I have removed the whole armrest from the center console but was unable to separate the leather part from the sliding mechanism. The word from Honda was that the armrest is not repairable and can only be replaced with a complete new unit - purchased from Honda of course. I have attached a photo of the actual armrest from inside the car and removed from the car.
    Alright well that makes sense, I actually haven't gone through with this repair yet so good to see it probably wont work...lovely, only other option is to find the entire unit on ebay or from a wreckers, not an easy car to source parts for huh haha? I'm looking a few diff bits for mine currently literally the same year as yours just without the navi..

I will take closer look at mine tonight and do some research but I can see a few screws visible there, it's probably some silly little mechanism that has to be moved to "unlock" it haha, usually is with these newer cars..

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by siggyinbrizzy View Post
    Underneath that black plastic are multiple screws which hold the armrest cushion to it. So you have to carefully pry that whole black cover off.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2