Question Starter motor replacement CL9

Hey guys.
    Starter motor is going out real soon on my '03 CL9 and would appreciate opinions on which path to go for a replacement.
    Getting a quote at $370~ for a brand new one not including labour, would it be better to grab one from the wreckers? Or go brand new aftermarket?

I know they tend to last quite long so what should I go with and what should I expect to pay?
    Any recommendations for a place in Melb. would be

Cheers!

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    With the cl9 it is also wise to check the grounding wire near the battery. When this is corroded, electrical current doesn't flow well and create burden on system like the starter motor or alternator. Good to check the battery as well as winter is approaching.
    Another option is a reconditioned or remanufactured unit. You can have a look at Amazon.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) there is no right or wrong answer with this, everyone will have different opinion based on previous experience and budget. You would think new OEM starter will be the best but it will come at a cost. If budget is less of an issue, I would not go second hand from the wreckers as installation cost or labour is not cheap. But this also depends how long you are planning to keep the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I get most of my replacement parts off amazon.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    Honda Prelude S
    I bought a new starter to put in my 05 Euro and was told by a friend who works at a dealership that they use World Power Systems starters but give the owner the option of genuine if they want. I paid $247.25(NZD) including shipping from a company called Pan Pacific Auto Electronics Ltd. You will also need a new intake manifold gasket when you replace the starter.
    Here is a youtube link if you think you can change the starter motor out yourself https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6W865aFdsE

Good Luck

Alright thanks guys, will probably just stick to something good quality as I don't want to cheap out on the car especially after seeing how much of a b*** that thing is to get to.

How do you know that the starter motor is dying? Sometimes when I put my key into the ignition and go to turn the key, theres a loud screeching noise (happens like once in a while). But goes away when I fully turn the key back to starting point and then going ahead to turn on the engine. Any idea if its what would happen with a dying starter motor or maybe its something else you guys could help with?