*** spigot bearing noise dc2r***

Hey peeps, ***correction it's release bearing ***

So I got this noise coming from my engine, it's like a whistle noise when the car is in neutral or driving it gets louder. But the noise will go away when I rest my leg on the clutch very lightly so I don't actually push the clutch in.

My mate had the same problem with his crx del sol years ago and told me it's the spigot/release bearing needs to be changed. The current clutch I got on is a excedy heavy duty clutch which comes with its own spigot bearing. The clutch was changed about a year ago along with the spigot bearing.

My mechanic told me that if he changes the spigot bearing again the noise will just come back a few months down the track.

Another suggestion is maybe stick to the oem clutch and spigot bearing that might get rid of the noise permanent ?

Has anyone had this problem yet or know a solution for it. The noise is so annoying. Some people might not mind it but I'm very anal when it comes to things like this lol

Cheers
    Last edited by ibbyDC2R; 22-06-2016 at 06:03 PM.

Its likely the input shaft bearing and or others inside your gearbox failing/failed.

You will need to drop the gearbox and replace the release bearing minimum and I strongly suggest to open the box and inspect

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Its likely the input shaft bearing and or others inside your gearbox failing/failed.

You will need to drop the gearbox and replace the release bearing minimum and I strongly suggest to open the box and inspect
    The box was reconditioned last year and since then I haven't driven it much Iv been told it's the release bearing but Idno if that's a permanent fix

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yeah,input shaft bearing,just swap the box.They say it's about a 15 hr job otherwise.