Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi

Grill Info - 2005 VTi

Gidday,

First time poster, but I have been looking for a month or two, why!!

Well my daughter started to chat about the "Honda Jazz", she has no license yet, but is on learners.

I'm a Toyota man always, have a hilux for work, and the wife a older Lexus, I even brought my son an old 1996 Celica which we fixed up and has been on the road now for three years and approaching 300,000kms, runs sweet, so I had me heart set on getting the daughter an older corolla for a few grand and fixing it up for rego etc.

Anyways back to the Jazz, well I stumbled onto this site after the persistent "dad I do not like the look of old corollas" theme song, admittedly I only spent $2000 on the sons car, so I had to stick with that for her but I knew nothing about Honda's at all expect that my Honda Buffalo lawn mower was totally bulletproof as to my fathers older Buffalo.

HHmmmm the Honda Jazz, "shit they are $$$$" was initially my thought so I broke the news to her gently that they are out of the price range for a first car, she agreed...UNTIL

One night on Ebay it was listed and it read like the who's who of "As Traded" cars - HONDA JAZZ 2005 VTI Auto, mechanically very good, body a need work, no rego, no RWC, 229,000kms etc plus Full service history, opening bid $800.00.

Needless to say I pricked my ears at this and rang the number the next day during business hours.. Yep all good just a few light dings.

I have brought a good few motorcycles site un seen interstate, had them shipped down and had no trouble and I always go with my gut feelings...

7 days later and I missed getting to see it prior to the auction ending because of work, (it was 150kms away) my daughter and I sat up late starring at the computer screen waiting for the last 17 seconds of the auction to tick down and bang I threw my bid of $1800.00 down and she got her car, the screen glowed green.

I had run and paid for the normal pre purchase checks through Vic roads so all was good there, got a permit and my mate ran me down to Melbourne to inspect and collect.. Quite a tidy car, two small dings that you cannot see and easy to fix, interior spotless and drives great, new tyres, windscreen and full service history through a two Honda Dealerships so the books added up fine.

The drive home was fun and what a great little car these are... It has the 7 speed auto so I called by the Honda dealer and brought the 8 litres of tranny oil to do the flush which was very straight forward and easy. changed over the engine oil and filter and spent the weekend cleaning it up and driving it about 300kms, around the country roads... It is now in the shed, cleaned, polished and waiting until March 2017 for her license.

So after all that my question is.

It has the full body kit installed being a VTi, it also has "mugen" things on it being the 4 x sun visors on the side windows etc but it is missing the steel mess grill and Honda badge etc, can these be brought?

I'm not sure if the grill is original or it there such a thing as a mugen grill?, just asking so I know what to look for in regards to the mess and badge.

Any info would be great and thanks for a wonderful forum..

Cheers Grant
    Last edited by tishjazz; 23-06-2016 at 06:49 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz GD VTI-S
    hey mate.

looks like you brought a car of an enthusiast as there is such thing as a mugen grill,
    its on ebay here
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HONDA-JAZ...-/251514785886

depending on how the front bar your may be able to swap it over for a stock grill from any wreckers, though i have the earlier model and the grill is a one piece item with the front bumper unless they have modified it...
    any other members have any experience on this?

Member Array
    Car:
    '93 EG Si
    Welcome, and do add some pictures of the Jazz.
    Currently officially unofficially Ozhonda's vinyl sticker distributor:
    1 Small 150 x 29mm: $6 posted
    1 Large 250 x 43mm: $8 posted

IG: thenameis3k9

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Nice m8
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2005 Jazz VTi
    Gidday,

Many thanks for the replies and at this stage I'm just not to sure what is original Honda Vti body works and what is Mugen.

Any guidance would be helpful with this.

They are an easy simple car to service, oil changes a breeze and they would have to have one of the best placed oil filters on any engine I have owned.

The 229,000kms does not worry me, dealer book stamped services is a bonus, and mostly HWY running kms from the previous owners. I have all high mileage cars and BMW bikes, oils changes at 7,000km are a must for cars, 3000kms for bikes, it is a smooth running little engine and the gearbox is the same.

Was surprised to read also that this 1.5 engine is the same block as on the 70hp and 90hp four stroke Honda outboard boat motors.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13493416_1328550400492046_1516828734_o.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	151.4 KB 
ID:	29749Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13509612_1328550900491996_1172101728_o (1).jpg 
Views:	144 
Size:	214.2 KB 
ID:	29750Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13509813_1328550940491992_705177310_o.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	192.3 KB 
ID:	29751Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13517737_1328550943825325_1914441901_o.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	159.9 KB 
ID:	29752
    Last edited by tishjazz; 25-06-2016 at 08:11 AM.