Question ek Civic ignition lock cylinder replacement

Yooo!
    Recently had someone attempt to steal my car - most likely with a screwdriver or scissors. Now unable to fully insert my key into the ignition lock. Car worked for a day or two, however as I was unable to turn the car completely off (couldn't turn key back from "II" to "I" position) and the battery has died.
    In the process of sourcing the required replacement locks and ignition lock cylinder for the car. Just wandering if anyone here can help me out a little bit with the process. If i purchase a new set of locks/ignition lock with new keys etc, what will need to be done in order to re-sync the ecu to the new lock?
    Any pointers will be much appreciated.

update: found parts on auto parts warehouse... Guy that was wrecking his ek on melb honda sales was reluctant to sell the locks alone.

Anyone here have any experience purchasing off this site?

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk.../SIUS180L.html <<-- ignition lock

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sk.../SIDL177R.html <<== door lock

those parts are inferior to OEM and its noticeable in the finish , and overall quality.
    But , they will do the job.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    those parts are inferior to OEM and its noticeable in the finish , and overall quality.
    But , they will do the job.
    Cheers mate, do you know any local suppliers of OEM parts. Im from melbourne

personally I'd try and source a set from a wreckers

Yeah, seems like the most feasible option at the moment...

Will i need to replace ecu also?

Quote Originally Posted by leebro View Post
    Yeah, seems like the most feasible option at the moment...

Will i need to replace ecu also?
    I can't confirm 100% but I believe you need the matching immobiliser unit (found under the steering wheel section )

update: have been quoted from HondaWorld for oem parts - $495 for;
    Ignition barrel
    Ignition key
    Key reader
    ECU