Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb Trying to decide on a decision... New to all this need help

Hey guys new to all this and trying to get into the modding community!
    Been looking at getting a new car to start having fun and modding as my 1997 celica is an automatic and not the most powerful and I don't think it'll be a good platform to start although I will miss it.would rather a Turbo car but for my budget I can't afford a nice one and I want to try honda. Anyway I'm going to look at an integra vtir 1998 and test drive although a little expensive 6990 from a dealership I'll try to talk it down its in really good condition with low ks. The other I'm looking at is a dc5 I think integra 2002 with a k20a3 (I'm pretty sure done some research) with higher ks and at a dealership for 6000. I'm wanting the vtir for the more powerful engine but I've heard the k20 is good too and I don't know which one I should be going for. Remember I want something easy and fun to mod and possibly boost in the future, I want something fun and that I'm going to enjoy as my daily driver. That and I need confidence that I am making a good decision 😂
    Thanks for reading sorry it's a bit long haha

Also wanting to eventually create a post of my build sort of thing maybe just sort of want to start my journey of car modding
    Also live in Tassie so options are not that great here.

You buy a vtir teg for much less than that. But it will have little issues that you will need to learn to fix yourself or have mates to help. The newer teg will (likely) have less little issues in the near future but be more boring to drive imho... Go a cheap and nasty vtir and fix her up for a sweet cheap ride

Quote Originally Posted by PJT View Post
    You buy a vtir teg for much less than that. But it will have little issues that you will need to learn to fix yourself or have mates to help. The newer teg will (likely) have less little issues in the near future but be more boring to drive imho... Go a cheap and nasty vtir and fix her up for a sweet cheap ride
    Would go buy a cheaper one if possible but Tassie is shit for that and I want a car very soon (I'm impatient I know haha) only other vtir available is one with high ks and paint damage :'( I'd try go 5500 maybe 6 with an offer. Unless any other ideas pop up I'm not sure. What are some good mods to do too?

Mods depends on what you want it to do. Go faster in a straight line? Corner better? Be a "fully sick head turner"? But seriously for $6k I'd want a pretty good integra. I bought a shit one with a good engine for just over $2k.

Bit of everything tbh just make it fun and beautiful to look at I know usual mods suspension etc.
    Here's the link
    1998 Honda Integra VTi-R Silver 5 Speed Manual Coupe,
    http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/inver...nt=app_android
    Does look very nice but only the price worries me I'd try to bargain it anyway hate living in Tassie sometimes haha

Ok. That's actually a pretty mint looking example. Hard to find them stock and unmolested. High price I guess is cause from a dealer.

Yea I thought the same guess I'll find out when I see it.
    Done so much research on this car it's going to be great finally drive such a nice one and learn everything practically! I'd love to make it mine always had that dream so as money permits lower it and start cosmetically then performance mods in between! Maybe boost it later just try not too make it a boy racer :') why would you prefer the older one compared to the newer one?

That engine on the new one is pretty tame. You really need a type r or type s if you want a "quick" dc5. But drive both and see for yourself. Ive always preferred the old ones as they are just more raw, involving to drive. I currently have the engine from the vtir in my civic and it's fun and relatively easy to look after.

Ah Damn the vtir sounds like more my weapon! Damn I'm looking forward to that vtec yo though! What sort of things can I do with the engine modding wise I have heard Hondas are practically Lego kits but I've never really been interested till now

Honestly. That engine is pretty decent stock. You can do the basic exhaust, headers, hi flow cat etc. But more than that you need to spend a lot of money. Better to upgrade the tires, suspension and other handling items. I recently installed a type r gear box with LSD and that reduced the gearing so it accelerates and grips way better. But best to start with what touches the road and work your way up

How about larger mods like cams or even extreme like boosting it what's the engine like in that respect. Or even trumpets for fun!
    Love the idea of an lsd honestly. Good thing about Tassie having good handling plus the roads is amazing that's why having a bike license is almost necessary