Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Performance mods for accord euro 4wd 2l variant

Chassis CL8-1050162
    Engine number K20A-601494

Anything to give this a tiny bit more pep? Nothing major. And nothing too loud/head turning.
    Just brought it and feel it could be a little more responsive.
    Intake for this model, or a simple tune even?

Thanks in advance!

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Hello there.

I'm guessing you're not from Australia? Given that cl8s are non-existant here

There's not much options for you. I don't believe there is a tuning option for that k20.

Assuming it's an automatic (most cl8s sold are) probably got for an inake like the comptech icebox which is more low end focused.

And also lightened pulley to help the engine response.

That's pretty much it unless you go for an engine swap.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Hello there.

I'm guessing you're not from Australia? Given that cl8s are non-existant here

There's not much options for you. I don't believe there is a tuning option for that k20.

Assuming it's an automatic (most cl8s sold are) probably got for an inake like the comptech icebox which is more low end focused.

And also lightened pulley to help the engine response.

That's pretty much it unless you go for an engine swap.
    Im from NZ, non existent here too it seems, import.
    Where would I go about getting a comptech for a cl8? Hard to find. Or is it a one size fits all?
    It's not going to make it sound too much louder on idle right? I wouldn't be against it sounding abit better when I give it some gas though. Right now it's basically inaudible.
    Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    The comptech icebox is the same between cl8 and cl9 snice they all use the same airbox.
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Turbo will be best
    FFamily

Im not looking to spend big bucks. Just abit of fun really as it's new car. Icebox looks perfect getting one from america for $179 us hopefully that's an ok price.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Also consider a lightened drive pulley. That's probably gonna make the most difference in "feel" to be honest

Thanks for your help. Icebox installed in weekend. Sounds alot better at 3k+.
    No difference in perceived speed/power etc.

Is this what you mean by lightened drive pulley : https://www.heeltoeauto.com/unorthod...yl-su6321.html
    Are these as bad for engine life as some people claim?

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ^^ Yes that is what I'm talking about. But I'm not sure you want the one for the k24. Since you have a k20, k20 pulley is smaller in diameter.

I have mine for 5 years now. No problems as long as you make sure the drive belt is the correct tension and length.

Thx, doesn't look to easy to find a set that will work on my k20a, might give up.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Just lookup one for the Integra.

Decided to stay away due to mixed opinions and advice from friend who is mechanic.
    Fredoops you think something like this would fit and be noticable http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...&id=1134931365
    The install and rest of exhaust would be sorted by friends so price wouldn't be too high.
    Thanks again for all the info. And sorry for repeat newb questions! Im learning as I go.