Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    The volume of oil required depends on the number of change you need to do which ultimately depends on the quality of oil inside your car. One drop and refill usually change about 1/2 the volume of oil as some stayed inside the torque converter. This might be alright if you follow the oil change according to the manufacturers specification (except for the accord). Usually one drop and refil takes between 3 to 4 litres.
    If you look at the image on the nulon oil from super cheap, its compatible with Honda Z1 and DW1 so it should be alright. The nulon oil has been used frequently amongst accord users. I think Fredoops is currently using Nulon and he has a lot of experience with ATF. I personally use Redline D4 for my accord, its good but expensive (double).
    oh thanks for explaining things.

Yes I am following the service book thing. it says to change ATF @ 120,000km . so does it mean i only need to drain and fill it once on the civic ? i was reading another thread it said some people drain and fill 3x ( on the accord)

Also, is there a transmission filter on the civic that needs to be changed ?

FYI, Repco is having 20% sale in July for NRMA members.
    There is also 15% sale on eBay (code: cpa15) on selected auto parts.
    oh thanks .. also does ATF expire?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Quote Originally Posted by YZFr1 View Post
    oh thanks for explaining things.

Yes I am following the service book thing. it says to change ATF @ 120,000km . so does it mean i only need to drain and fill it once on the civic ? i was reading another thread it said some people drain and fill 3x ( on the accord)

Also, is there a transmission filter on the civic that needs to be changed ?
    Usually following the service book is enough and yes technically one change is enough. You can also assess if a second drop and refill is required if the existing oil is dark brown and not red, smell (burnt), and current shifting is not smooth. If I were you I would buy 2 bottles (for 2 change) and if you don't need it, you can keep it for future change. Can you please tell me when the next change is due? Is it approx at 180k km? The oil should keep for a few years.

You should check if there is an inline filter used for the car. If so, it's good to replace it. I'm not sure about the presence of internal filter for your civic.
    Last edited by Martin77; 26-07-2016 at 08:18 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    ...if you're changing to a new brand of fluid. And you haven't done it in a long while.

Best to do at least a x2 flush.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Usually following the service book is enough and yes technically one change is enough. You can also assess if a second drop and refill is required if the existing oil is dark brown and not red, smell (burnt), and current shifting is not smooth. If I were you I would buy 2 bottles (for 2 change) and if you don't need it, you can keep it for future change. Can you please tell me when the next change is due? Is it approx at 180k km? The oil should keep for a few years.

You should check if there is an inline filter used for the car. If so, it's good to replace it. I'm not sure about the presence of internal filter for your civic.
    oh, i see.

next replace ATF @ 160, 000km

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    ...if you're changing to a new brand of fluid. And you haven't done it in a long while.

Best to do at least a x2 flush.
    oh , i see.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    oh, i see.

next replace ATF @ 160, 000km
    Thanks, that is better.
    I like Fredoops recommendations. Change twice now and one every 40k km.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    You'll tend to find the 2nd drain would flush out a lot of the crap as the fluid start to mix. Hence why you want to do a 2nd one.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Thanks, that is better.
    I like Fredoops recommendations. Change twice now and one every 40k km.
    sounds good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    You'll tend to find the 2nd drain would flush out a lot of the crap as the fluid start to mix. Hence why you want to do a 2nd one.
    oh, i see. also do you drive a bit between the 1st and 2nd flush? or do it right after the 1st one

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    oh, i see. also do you drive a bit between the 1st and 2nd flush? or do it right after the 1st one
    Yes, drive it around for a bit.
    Maybe you could use it normally after the first change and change again the next day (or two). This way you don't waste petrol by going around the block without a purpose.