Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 13
  1. #1
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New South Wales
    Car:
    2006 DC5-S

    Question Integra Type S Few Issues Need Help

    Got a few small issues,

    1. Front passenger side light is foggy compared to the crystal clear driver side, how do i fix this? Is this caused by a crack?

    2. My passenger side rear bumper is not in line with the taillight anymore, is this a bumper clip issue?

    3. The inside of my taillight is peeling, how is this caused?

    Final question,

    All of these started happening after the insurance company fixed the car, but this was around 9 months ago, would this be because they did not do a proper job? or is this just normal wear and tear and would not be covered if i took it back to them?

  2. #2
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Out in Nature
    Car:
    B18CR EK Sedan
    1. Yes,usually where the 2 parts join,needs re sealing.search chris fix on you tube.

    2. In my signature there's a link to a diy - gettin ya gaps right.u should be able re position ya taillights to by undoing the nuts at rear.

    3. I would search you tube for a fix.might not be able to separate.

    Normal wear and tear. 9 months might be a bit long to go back.

    never had the taillight peeling inside issue. ..

  3. #3
    If you haven't hit anything (to cause any of these issues ) then 9 months is nowhere near long enough for any of these issues to start. If repaired properly with new parts (as insurance jobs are meant to be ) you should go years without problems. I'd contact the insurance company and tell them that their repairer did a dodgy repair.

    A well placed call to the ombudsman can work wonders.

  4. #4
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New South Wales
    Car:
    2006 DC5-S
    So, update:

    Said they will not help the taillight damage

    Said headlight is wear and tear but will not replace due to it not being damaged in the accidrnt (even though it was a front on accident....ok.....

    Bumper not lining up, they will fix it

    I took it back to them twice already, 1 was where i got it back and they painted the roof and the bonnet a different colour than the body and left it because "you will like the change" and another tiem because they broke my friggin blinker but "did not notice it"...how do you not notice a blinker hanging out the side of a car............................................... ...................

  5. #5
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Out in Nature
    Car:
    B18CR EK Sedan
    Gotta learn to communicate mate . Didn't even acknowledge our replys to U.

  6. #6
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New South Wales
    Car:
    2006 DC5-S
    Quote Originally Posted by Hondarally View Post
    If you haven't hit anything (to cause any of these issues ) then 9 months is nowhere near long enough for any of these issues to start. If repaired properly with new parts (as insurance jobs are meant to be ) you should go years without problems. I'd contact the insurance company and tell them that their repairer did a dodgy repair.

    A well placed call to the ombudsman can work wonders.
    Have you had similar issues? they won't even look at my car now because it "has been an extended duration of time and we can not determine whether or not these were faults our side"

  7. #7
    Ninja turtle Array
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Car:
    Chloe
    Is it foggy on the outside or inside? If on the inside, then only way is to separate the headlight halves apart to clean. If it is on the outside (feels rough too), then it just needs a fine sanding, polishing and then a coat of UV-resistant clear coat. Common to have to do this on cars that are nearing 10 years old. It is possible that the clear headlight is newer than the foggy one as it may have been replaced in the part prior to you purchasing it.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

  8. #8
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New South Wales
    Car:
    2006 DC5-S
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Is it foggy on the outside or inside? If on the inside, then only way is to separate the headlight halves apart to clean. If it is on the outside (feels rough too), then it just needs a fine sanding, polishing and then a coat of UV-resistant clear coat. Common to have to do this on cars that are nearing 10 years old. It is possible that the clear headlight is newer than the foggy one as it may have been replaced in the part prior to you purchasing it.
    Hi there!

    I got a hold of the insurance company again and they said that they replaced one headlight in the accident (no idea why the hell they did not replace the other one..) and they said that there was no damage to it

  9. #9
    Ninja turtle Array
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Car:
    Chloe
    Quote Originally Posted by Tangney View Post
    Hi there!

    I got a hold of the insurance company again and they said that they replaced one headlight in the accident (no idea why the hell they did not replace the other one..) and they said that there was no damage to it
    Check if the fogginess is on the inside or outside. If outside, it is an easy fix.

    Repco used to sell a kit to restore headlights. However, the only thing special was the acrylic spray, which could have been normal clear acrylic in a rattle can anyway. You can mask your paint around the headlight (important so that your sandpaper does not damage your paint and the acrylic spray also does not get onto your paint), sand it with 1500 grit, then 3000 grit and finally 5000 grit on a random orbital or drill with backing pad. Then finish off with a polishing compound. Wipe it all once more with some alcohol to get the oils off, then spray the clear coat on. Will look good as new! I did this on a 2002 Astra which had foggy and yellow headlamps.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

  10. #10
    Newcomer Array
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    South brisbane
    Car:
    Integra Luxury 05
    foggy lights are normal in the DC5 after a while.... Just remember it is more than 10 years old.
    get a professional to do it, around $50-$80 per light. DIY might cause tiny cracks which will not be fixable.

  11. #11
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New South Wales
    Car:
    2006 DC5-S
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronng View Post
    Check if the fogginess is on the inside or outside. If outside, it is an easy fix.

    Repco used to sell a kit to restore headlights. However, the only thing special was the acrylic spray, which could have been normal clear acrylic in a rattle can anyway. You can mask your paint around the headlight (important so that your sandpaper does not damage your paint and the acrylic spray also does not get onto your paint), sand it with 1500 grit, then 3000 grit and finally 5000 grit on a random orbital or drill with backing pad. Then finish off with a polishing compound. Wipe it all once more with some alcohol to get the oils off, then spray the clear coat on. Will look good as new! I did this on a 2002 Astra which had foggy and yellow headlamps.

    seems i am in luck! its on the outside primarily, i have heard toothpaste also works, would you recommend this??

  12. #12
    Member Array
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    New South Wales
    Car:
    2006 DC5-S
    Quote Originally Posted by uccoffee View Post
    foggy lights are normal in the DC5 after a while.... Just remember it is more than 10 years old.
    get a professional to do it, around $50-$80 per light. DIY might cause tiny cracks which will not be fixable.
    hi there!

    I have tried to look but can't seem to find anyone that does it specifically, would you know of any people on the central coast ??

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v4.1.3


Terms and Conditions
Ozhonda.com is in no way affiliated with the Honda motor company or Honda Australia in anyway whatsoever.