Car:
    Accord Euro CU2

CU2 Help: Head Unit Install - Very Low Volume

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	HeadUnitHelp_Johnny2.jpg 
Views:	608 
Size:	159.0 KB 
ID:	29813

Hi guys, I'm a noob when it comes to head unit installations. So I bought one of those Android head units and connected it up with a harness from Aerpro (the APP0277). Everything works fine but the volume is extremely low - even on max. I noticed there was another cable that plugs into the factory head unit that helps to increase volume (I tested it unplugged on the factory head unit and it also reproduced very low sound at max). The cable has 3 wires in it (red, grey and green) but the plug doesn't fit into my Android head unit. Can anyone point me into the right direction? Should I be splicing into those 3 wires and connecting them to my ISO harness?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    I have just encountered the same issue. JT, did you resolve your problem. I have a TSX Factory Manual from the States and the other cable you refer to is for the sub woofer. I have no sound from the back doors or all the back speakers.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2

Solution

Hey Honda60, guy at the audio installation place says our cars are factory amped so the least expensive way to do this is to install another amplifier in the front and connect everything to that

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    JT, did you go with this solution, could you advise approx cost

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Quote Originally Posted by Honda60 View Post
    JT, did you go with this solution, could you advise approx cost
    I actually never went ahead with it as i had to spend money on other things. The guy at the store quoted $600Aud for the amplifier and installation. He said it would definitely work though as he had another cu2 driver install a sony head unit with the same problem. Good luck mate

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CU2
    Thanks JT, I feel the same, but I think the audio guy was going for the easy solution - there will be a way, just have to figure it out (or put the stock one back)

Yeah guys I've been through this route.
    The factory amp just takes in signal from the head unit for audio with a separate signal for volume. Won't work with any other head unit
    Had to replace mine too

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk