Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro

Post-cat oxygen sensor

Hi
    So I recently purchased a 04 Honda accord euro. The engine light comes up sometime so I took it to the mechanic and it turns out the Post-cat oxygen sensor needs replacing. Any idea where can I find one? Links would be nice. The mechanic wants $200 including fitting. Saw some in eBay which costs around $100-120 but wondering if they are reliable. Any help/suggestion would be nice.
    Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/36532-RAA...wAAOSwa39UzGH5

Maybe this one. Its more expensive than aftermarket unit.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro
    I checked a wrecker today and he's asking $60 for it including shipping. Should I go for that or the one above?

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    $200 is fine,he wouldn't use bad brands.

OR

Count how many wires coming out of the sensor and order a bosch one of ebay and fit it yourself with a 14mm flared wrench.Might round it otherwise.

Gotta match the number of wires.

I would buy a bosch and let him fit it.They are friggin' hard to undo.Spray some wd-40 on it!!!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Quote Originally Posted by Ork_Sina View Post
    I checked a wrecker today and he's asking $60 for it including shipping. Should I go for that or the one above?
    Never.They are only good for 100,000k's tops!!! It's rare they last longer because of all the extreme heat cycles.

All sensors on the car are 1 volt sensors only,so they are sensitive.A failing sensor will send an incorrect valve to the ecu making the car run not so smooth and efficient.

U would rather it fail then the ecu goes into open loop mode I.e. it controls fuel delivery with the programmed values in the ecu,it doesn't require feedback from the 02 sensor.

They are important,without it the car can surge,hesitate,lack power and generally run rougher.
    Last edited by beeza; 17-08-2016 at 03:51 AM.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 Accord Euro
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    $200 is fine,he wouldn't use bad brands.

OR

Count how many wires coming out of the sensor and order a bosch one of ebay and fit it yourself with a 14mm flared wrench.Might round it otherwise.

Gotta match the number of wires.

I would buy a bosch and let him fit it.They are friggin' hard to undo.Spray some wd-40 on it!!!
    Thanks a lot. Can you link me up for a bosch sensor? Dont know which one to get. I have the 04 Euro (non-lux)
    Last edited by Ork_Sina; 17-08-2016 at 07:06 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Just count the number of wires that are coming out of it.then search on ebay and ask seller if it's right one for your car to be sure.

It's about the wires,I have a different car,1 wire.
    Last edited by beeza; 17-08-2016 at 08:21 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Denso,that's the brand I've been using for years . couldn't think of it at 3am this morning

This should be it,I always ask the seller if I'm unsure of anything:

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-GENUINE...461?nav=SEARCH