FD Civic airbag recall

Hi everyone,

Anyone got their FD civic airbag replaced yet ? I got the recall letter 2 months ago, called and was told i will be contacted when the part arrives and ready to be replaced. No timeframe was given. Is it relatively safe to drive with the potential faulty airbag ? There have been quite a few fatalities and injuries in USA.

Member Array
    Car:
    FD2 4DR 2009
    no i havent recieved any letters

I got a call from a local Honda dealer to bring the civic in for the airbag inflator replacement. So 2 month wait is not too bad.

That's pretty poor.

My son picked up a 2007 Yaris late last year, and I rang the Toyota dealership about the air bag recall. They confirmed that the car was affected by the recall, and said they'd ring me when parts were available. A week later I got a call from them telling be to book it in when I'm free. Less than a week after that, it was fixed (they also addressed 2 other recall issues on the car at the same time).

First Toyota we've ever owned, and I was very happy with the service.

Yeah maybe I should've called the dealership directly to speed up the process. It is not too bad considering Honda needs to replace more than 420,000 faulty parts. I think Toyota is around 250,000 faulty parts. I reckon Takata will be gone forever once this mess ends.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Civic Sport
    Got a call last week being done tomorrow good service as usual.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    01 crv n 06 jazz
    they hv both driver and pax front airbag recall. The driver one takes a few minute while the pax one much longer

They have sent me a form to be filled in and I made a phone call to book.
    They called me within 1 month to tell me that I can bring my car for servicing.
    They changed it within 1-2 hours.

Strangely 1-2 months after that they called me again asking if I have book for this recall???? I said yes. They never called since then.

The bad news is......on the news they say the replacement they use is also a dud. Need to be replaced. Until now I haven't heard anything from Honda.

They way they handle the case in my opinion is VERY POOR.