Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo

Question Broken clutch bearing?

A couple of weeks ago my car choked while accelerating out of a roundabout, I originally thought it might be something to do with fuel delivery or the throttle body but didn't get a chance to look into it.
    This weekend that's just been I took the car out again and it happened again on a on-ramp to the high way, I had cars behind me going maybe 80k and increasing so I revved the motor in neutral and dropped the clutch. It gave me enough power to get past the ramp and pull over but the car revved really high as if it wasn't engaging the wheels properly and you could smell the clutch burning. Is there a bearing on the clutch that is well known to need replacing?
    The car is a dc2r un-modified.

Any help would be appreciated.

sounds like the clutch not the bearing itself.

You should replace the release bearing when replacing the clutch as well as the pilot bearing.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    I love these guys:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IbPNjhkX9-o

It's a d but same thing for a b.Need a 10mm and 17mm 12 point socket for clutch and flywheel.

Make sure you:

Machine flywheel
    Replace pilot and release/throw out bearing
    driveshaft seals
    Rear main seal

Is there 1 more?

The input shaft bearing is a long hard job and would be easier to just replace the whole tranny.

http://honda-tech.com/forums/honda-c...-wait-2782245/

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    Awesome, thank you! Will be starting on it soon. I'll make sure everything I should be doing will the transmission is out is done. Thanks for the help

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Your welcome mate.