Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG Civic, S15x2

EG5 Brake Upgrade - odd situation

Hi guys

Over the last few months I've renewed my standard EG5 brakes. I'm new to Civics having had Silvia's in the past and after reading the standard brakes would be up to the task for hill runs / occasional trackdays, I decided to keep them.

- Replaced leaking proportioning valve with new 3040 unit.
    - Replaced leaking BMC with new 13/16th
    - HEL Hardlines
    - Bendix pads (hard to find EG5 pads?!)
    - Ran the discs
    - New fluid

Long story short, took the car for it's first run via Healesville to Toolangi and Myers Creek Road and completely cooked everything - no brakes! Solid pedal and smoking.

Given I've replaced most of the stock system I am wondering what's my best option to improve my brakes without having to redo masters, prop valves and lines?? I've also put new hardrace camber arms and wheel bearings in the car and understanding some brake upgrades need new knuckles am I able to keep these?

Thanks for all and any advice!

Cheers

The nugget in q https://imgur.com/a/aRoAf

leave the rears alone

upgrade the fronts with entire knuckle / disc / caliper from a EK4 / dc4 / EM1 (262mm fronts vs your 242s)
    Or with abit more cash grab the front setup from a 98+ DC2R - 282mm fronts

You will need to upgrade the MC to the correct size to ( 1inch I think off the same dc2r )

Buy performance oriented pads and don't cheap out.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Put a seal kit,clean up and replace the piston if needed in the New/old set up you get.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    EG Civic, S15x2
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    leave the rears alone

upgrade the fronts with entire knuckle / disc / caliper from a EK4 / dc4 / EM1 (262mm fronts vs your 242s)
    Or with abit more cash grab the front setup from a 98+ DC2R - 282mm fronts

You will need to upgrade the MC to the correct size to ( 1inch I think off the same dc2r )
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Put a seal kit,clean up and replace the piston if needed in the New/old set up you get.
    Thanks guys much appreciated, will start hunting for parts cheers