Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r

Harsher ride after Hardrace camber arm/RTAB install

Hey guys, I drive a DC2R and have recently change my camber arms (F+R) to hardrace. They are second hard with probably around 20000km's on them, but I'd assume it would be in better condition then 150k oem arms. At the same time I also replaced the rear trailing arm bushing to hardrace (brand new/ hardened rubber), rear pads + rotors and wheel alignment.

The ride now feels noticeably harsher and you can actually hear the suspension 'thud' when driving on really bad roads/over pot holes, where as before it was a lot more compliant. Otherwise car feels and handles great, so I'm just wondering if the extra NVH is due to the hardrace arms and RTAB? If anyone has experienced anything similar please comment below to put worries to rest.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    You pretty much answered it yourself

harder Taiwanese rubber = more bump on bum feels

the RTA bush needs to pivot not stay stiff under compression
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Dc2r
    I can understand that the rear will be noticeable harsher from the trailing arm bushing + rear camber arms, but I was surprised that even just front camber arms makes it noticeably stiffer because the thud can be heard from the front and rear.

Quote Originally Posted by cceebz View Post
    I can understand that the rear will be noticeable harsher from the trailing arm bushing + rear camber arms, but I was surprised that even just front camber arms makes it noticeably stiffer because the thud can be heard from the front and rear.

Aside from the stiffer bushes, the design isn't all that good with the hard race front camber arms.

If you have lowered the ride hight the camber arms contact the shock towers near the inner bushes on bigger bumps. Even going up driveway too fast can cause them to hit.

If you have very stiff springs you might get away with very little contact, but usually the arms contact the chassis before the damper reaches the bump stop.