Oddy vtec presure solenoid problem

Hi there. I keep getting a problem with my 08 oddy. About a year ago the engine warning light was coming on with a code of the vtec solenoid. The unit was striped down and cleaned throughly. This fixed the problem for a month and then the same code came back.

A brand new vtec solenoid unit was installed but we are still getting the same problem. When plugged into the code reader it was saying the same problem. Has anyone else had the same issue? Could it be a faulty new part?

Very weird and annoying issue on a otherwise excellent family car

Thanks in advance

Regards john

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    How's the electrical connector that goes to the solenoid? Contacts clean, no damaged wires or anything?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

As far as we know yes ( but i will try again with switch cleaner and clean terminals

from what the diagnostics say, the solenoid is on but the switch is closed. so at 3k the car goes into a limp/limited performance which is not rad at 110kph on the freeway. so its hard to figure out if it's a open circuit or a mechanical problem, oil pressure is all good, and 4 months ago it was a new vtec unit and solenoid. electrical conections again seem fine

thanks in advance

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    That's really bizarre. I'm guessing you replaced the gasket/filter screen on the solenoid when you replaced the unit. Was the old one noticeably dirty/clogged or anything?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Yeah all new bits and bobs. And not overly crappy or clogged. So this has us at a loss

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    99% of the time its the wire from the ecu to the vtec solenoid
    As it passes by the exhaust manifold it becomes brittle and shorts out over time
    Check that
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Thanks for all the suggestions and ideas. It turns out to be a faulty switch. New part that's gone lame. Luckily we had the old switch still from the original repair. My mechanic is not onto honda for new parts.

All's well that ends well i guess

Cheers john