Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro Cl9

Bleeding Clutch Did Not Work, Possible Issue?

Hey guys,

I bleed the clutch a few times as the pedal pressure seemed to have decreased. Every time i bleed the clutch, less fluids came out after every attempt. I got a mobile mechanic that came to pump it and theres still no pressure in the clutch (won't return back up). Does this mean its a clutch master cylinder or slave that needs to be replaced u reckon?

Cheers
    Last edited by larrrry; 16-09-2016 at 12:19 PM.

likely master and or slave has failed
    common on the K series
    Replqce the slave first and see how you go

Ninja turtle Array
    Car:
    Chloe
    When you bleed, make sure the slave cylinder bleed valve is opened sufficiently. There is only enough space to turn the spanner 1/4 turn, and that is not enough to open up the bleed valve. You'll notice the slave cylinder moving the clutch release arm when you bleed. If you see it move, then your bleed valve is not yet opened. The clutch fluid should flow out of the bleed valve when you pump the clutch pedal, even if you have worn master/slave cylinder seals.
    --------------------------------------
    Stocky CL9 - 1:17.2

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    It could be air stuck in there. I don't normally recommend this, but try actuating the salve with your palm. Be careful don't push too deep, this will force it to suck fluid again.

Ensure you have heaps of fluid in the reservoir and both the bleeder valves closed for the 1st few, when you feel it flow fluid, it will build pressure again, I use the pedal to build pressure, quickly open and shut slave bleeder valve repeat, method.

Use this info at your own risk, push too hard on the salve and you have more than just the clutch to bleed job.