cracked exhaust manifold

Has anyone heard of (or experienced) a cracked exhaust manifold on a Honda Jazz?

2002 GD 1.5L Vti-s L15a1.

Went to the mechanic today for a pink slip and he said that he thinks I have an exhaust manifold leak.

I've just cleaned up the EGR valve (havnt driven it yet), and will check tomorrow the exhaust manifold shield to see if that is what is vibrating and thus causing the noise.

Cheers

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz GD VTI-S
    Hey mate is your mechanic legit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think so.

He's not really my mechanic per se, he's just the guy I've been going to for a few years now for my pink slip. I've probably gone to him for 3-4 years.

He didn't quote me or anything he just said that I should get it fixed. He gave me the impression that he didn't want the work and that I should go elsewhere.

Member Array
    Car:
    Jazz GD VTI-S
    I would be skeptical of mechanics as they tend to talk shit. Take the car to your local exhaust shop and get it checked out

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP

Any reason that the header or collector has been removed ( clutch job etc)
    The nuts that hold the 4-1 collector meet are quite soft and will easily damage the thread if not tightened when cold or at the right angle. This will slightly crack open the gasket and give an exhaust leak.
    Same applies for the 4-1 section right off the head

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply.

Not as long as I have had it (only had it a few months now).

Unsure of when the clutch was replaced.. but at 240k i think it would have had at least one..

I will check the bolts next time I'm under the car.. I was driving my car today and I couldn't smell much fumes (not as much as I used to, before I cleaned the EGR valve). I think the engine is a bit quieter too but I'm unsure if this is just a placebo effect.