Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 TEG Type S

DC5 King Springs. DIY install, HELP

Hi guys,
    So i just got myself some king springs for my type s but have no idea on installing them. I've looked at some build threads but the pictures are missing:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=371462 & http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=1#post9017530

If anyone knows any other threads that have instructions + pics that would be much appreaciated thanks!

Do you have a spring compressor?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 TEG Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by rossirider View Post
    Do you have a spring compressor?
    Sadly I don't, but I know supercheap auto has them for $80. BTW with the new springs do I need to change anything? e.g the shocks

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazon View Post
    Sadly I don't, but I know supercheap auto has them for $80. BTW with the new springs do I need to change anything? e.g the shocks
    spring compressors are on ebay for 25 bucks

you dont 'need' to change shocks yet but they eventually wear out with lowered springs,it will handle nicer with a sport shock like koni bilstein etc.

Hi guys,
    So i just got myself some king springs for my type s but have no idea on installing them. I've looked at some build threads but the pictures are missing:

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=371462 & http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread...=1#post9017530

If anyone knows any other threads that have instructions + pics that would be much appreaciated thanks!

If if you are asking these type of questions I strongly recommend taking your car to a mechanic to do the job.

There is ONE major issue with the front suspension that you MUST keep an eye on , for it will pop and really **** up your whole day. Just a hint - it involves removing your driveshafts and re doing your inner pot joints

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 TEG Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by EKVTIR-T View Post
    spring compressors are on ebay for 25 bucks

you dont 'need' to change shocks yet but they eventually wear out with lowered springs,it will handle nicer with a sport shock like koni bilstein etc.
    Okay got it. Thanks man!

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 TEG Type S
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    If if you are asking these type of questions I strongly recommend taking your car to a mechanic to do the job.

There is ONE major issue with the front suspension that you MUST keep an eye on , for it will pop and really **** up your whole day. Just a hint - it involves removing your driveshafts and re doing your inner pot joints
    I got quoted $300 to change the springs which costs more than the springs. Got lowering king springs for $100

I got quoted $300 to change the springs which costs more than the springs. Got lowering king springs for $100
    Thats great.

The issue i speak speak of would cost maybe $500+ towing or mobile mechanic call out fee. Plus all the wasted time.

Pay a mech to do it , and avoid mega issues.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 TEG Type S
    Thats great.

The issue i speak speak of would cost maybe $500+ towing or mobile mechanic call out fee. Plus all the wasted time.

Pay a mech to do it , and avoid mega issues.
    Yeah good point. Thanks man

Yeah good point. Thanks man

its a harder DIY compared other suspension installs. Earlier hondas are easy !

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    06 TEG Type S
    its a harder DIY compared other suspension installs. Earlier hondas are easy !
    Ahhhh i see

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    I have had my inner joint pop out.. only takes a few mins max or movement and wiggling get it to pop back in

i find installing the rears harder on the DC5 cause they need compression

but as ben said, if you don't know what you are doing, then you don't know what you are doing.