Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo

Clutch change, car wont start

I really need help with this one.
    I have just changed the clutch in my DC2R to a stock replacement exedy clutch with a exedy billet flywheel, Im pretty sure ive put everything back on correctly, all sensors are plugged back in but the car wont start.

From what i have found out, the B18C7 doesnt need the flywheel to be aligned with the crank shaft, like the B18C5 has a dowel to line it up.
    That being said though i believe i might have a timing issue, does anyone know if the flywheel does actually need to be aligned with the crank? Theres no indication on the flywheel that i can see.

I ran a ECU diagnostic test and i got a couple of ABS light codes, i dont think they would have had anything to do with it not starting. One code was ignition voltage and the other was the CPU.
    I erased those codes and tried to start it, i think it was coincidence but it did start for a second but sounded rough and died. After that im not getting any more codes on the ECU test.

Ive researched as much as possible, no one is saying the flywheel had to be lined up with the crank but i have a feeling it did need to be.

Anyone got any ideas? Im completely stumped, i wouldnt even know how to try align the flywheel with the crank if i took it all apart again.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    The car started, the whole reason i changed the clutch was because it would choke when i put my foot down and thought it was a bearing that had gone.
    I had a leak in between the extractors and cat which i think contributed to it not starting and was the reason it sounded rough. I fixed the leak and it started fine, but when i took it for a drive it still chocked.

So main reason why it wouldn't start i think has to do with the car choking.
    I'm going to clean my fuel injectors, change the fuel filter and spark plugs and hope it helps.

Probably just changed the clutch and flywheel for no reason, still made me happy doing it and brought knowledge with it. No regrets lol

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Dont forget the intake side of things too.

These engines are old now, I'd do intake filter, remove the manifold or throttle body clean it up to you how much your bothered. Replace with them thermo gaskets.

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    Yea its a good idea. My air intake is broken where it attaches to the manifold, so I'll be replacing that with a whole new intake luckily. Cleaning the throttle body is something I've wanted to do for a while

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4 Turbo
    Found the problem, a little while ago i had oil leaking into the spark plug chamber through the valve cover,
    Turns out when i fixed the leak i forgot to clean one plug and the oil was causing the plug to ground properly i think.

Cars running perfectly now.

Thank you to everyone who helped in my other threads as well about this.