Thread: Apple car play

Apple car play

I just bought a Jazz and was told by the advertisement and the dealer that it has Apple car play- I just had to hook the hdmi cord up. Do you think this is misleading, does the car have a true representation of Apple car play or is it just mirroring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would prefer mirroring IMO

Atleast it shows all screen action rather than a very small selection of apps !

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    I would prefer mirroring IMO

Atleast it shows all screen action rather than a very small selection of apps !
    Can you use the screen or do you have to go back to the phone to change a podcast or song?

Mirroring mirrors the exact display of your screen - just like a apple tv

After a quick google i can't find anything about carplay or mirroring in the new jazz.
    Is there anything in the manual about it ? Look up the info-tainment section

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Mirroring mirrors the exact display of your screen - just like a apple tv

After a quick google i can't find anything about carplay or mirroring in the new jazz.
    Is there anything in the manual about it ? Look up the info-tainment section
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by hulio18 View Post
    Thanks.

Mate did you actually get it to mirror?
    Also, did you actually get a cord that connects from your phone to the micro hdmi port?

Yeah it connects and mirrors with the Apple adapter. Has Android functions but not Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by hulio18 View Post
    Yeah it connects and mirrors with the Apple adapter. Has Android functions but not Apple.

Can you please advise what cord / adaptor you used for your android phone. It would be great if you could add a link to an ebay seller so that i know exactly what type of cord /adaptor.
    Thanks

Apple car play

Actually I have an iPhone so they are Apple products but it is just a HDMI cord attached to your phone. There are different settings for the android system though with their own apps. Check out the instruction book.