JDM Honda Accord Sir CH9

Hi Community,

I'm new to the community and Accord cars.

I just purchased a JDM Honda Accord Sir CH9 Wagon from a friend's friend.

The car had a manual DC5R transmission conversion done by previous owner.
    It's using H23A DOHC VTEC bluetop engine

I wonder if there is any potential problem that I need to pay attention to or that might occur in the future with this particular Engine and transmission or the setup?

Can anyone tell me which model of cars have the parts that can be shared and used in this particular JDM accord wagon? thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3pKNtAS.jpg 
Views:	384 
Size:	254.7 KB 
ID:	29866

Name:	138566346976859542.jpg 
Views:	321 
Size:	122.9 KB 
ID:	30029

Name:	284399960908518870.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	219.0 KB 
ID:	30030

Name:	557376162353315100.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	116.6 KB 
ID:	30031

Name:	301278338934656091.jpg 
Views:	479 
Size:	149.2 KB 
ID:	30032

Name:	404347308873316119.jpg 
Views:	252 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	30033

Name:	826088862065420044.jpg 
Views:	274 
Size:	122.0 KB 
ID:	30034
    Last edited by kyaky; 22-02-2017 at 10:58 AM. Reason: photo updates

No idea, but that thing looks mighty fine! Kinda like a less try-hard legnum haha. Good score!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    lol.. dc5r uses k20 engine and 6 speed. So you do not have that gearbox.

What you have is a 6th gen wagon accord with a h23a.

There were no cars that came with the h23a in Australia. Closest is the h22a from the prelude.

Basically the body parts may match the 6th gen accord, and a lot of the engine parts would match the prelude and to some extent accord.

But you will have heaps of unique parts to that model, especially being the JDM sports variant.

Basically what you would want to service is like any accord or prelude of that generation.
    Oil, oil filter, genuine rad fluid, thermostat, air filter, gearbox fluid, fuel filter.

Quote Originally Posted by Dxs View Post
    lol.. dc5r uses k20 engine and 6 speed. So you do not have that gearbox.

What you have is a 6th gen wagon accord with a h23a.

There were no cars that came with the h23a in Australia. Closest is the h22a from the prelude.

Basically the body parts may match the 6th gen accord, and a lot of the engine parts would match the prelude and to some extent accord.

But you will have heaps of unique parts to that model, especially being the JDM sports variant.

Basically what you would want to service is like any accord or prelude of that generation.
    Oil, oil filter, genuine rad fluid, thermostat, air filter, gearbox fluid, fuel filter.
    thanks for the info. yeah, that was a 5 gearbox. I don't know what it is.

Member Array
    Car:
    Long history
    it will just be a h series gearbox.. but the f series gearboxes probably bolt up fine too.

H and F engines were used in accords and preludes from early 90s to around 2000.

Quote Originally Posted by Dxs View Post
    it will just be a h series gearbox.. but the f series gearboxes probably bolt up fine too.

H and F engines were used in accords and preludes from early 90s to around 2000.
    just found out recently it's a 6 speed gearbox, the 6th gear slot is blocked.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Not speaking with full knowledge of your particular gearbox, but my 6 speed manual has a solenoid enabled lockout mechanism so you can't select reverse gear if the car is traveling forward over a certain (low) speed. 6th and reverse are otherwise more or less in the same position.

Is your "locked" 6th gear perhaps a malfunction of the reverse gear lockout? Or do you have a later gearbox but an earlier selection mechanism? I didn't think the 6 speed box was on the market before the mid 2000's(don't quote me on this though).

For the rest, yes, stunning car. Would have snapped it up in a heartbeat if I'd come across it. For (rare) parts try NZ suppliers. I think they might have sold the 6th gen wagon there?
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    grey 94' EGG
    Cool a f

Quote Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
    Not speaking with full knowledge of your particular gearbox, but my 6 speed manual has a solenoid enabled lockout mechanism so you can't select reverse gear if the car is traveling forward over a certain (low) speed. 6th and reverse are otherwise more or less in the same position.

Is your "locked" 6th gear perhaps a malfunction of the reverse gear lockout? Or do you have a later gearbox but an earlier selection mechanism? I didn't think the 6 speed box was on the market before the mid 2000's(don't quote me on this though).

For the rest, yes, stunning car. Would have snapped it up in a heartbeat if I'd come across it. For (rare) parts try NZ suppliers. I think they might have sold the 6th gen wagon there?
    Thanks for the info, I will check out "NZ Suppliers".

I really don't know... as I don't have much knowledge about gearbox conversion. My friend got rid of this car because he's already has 3 cars. He told me the boss he was working for rebuilt the 2.3L engine and did a manual conversion(he told me that was a gearbox from dc5 type-r).

According to the label on chassis, This was firstly imported to Queensland as it was not on NSW car import list? then it was transported and re-registered in NSW.

I'm just curious with what they did to the car
    Last edited by kyaky; 22-02-2017 at 11:03 AM.