CU2 brakes replacement

I am just about to get my brakes replaced. Nothing fancy, just bendix pads.

I have made some enquiries to a couple of shops for quotes to fit the pads and machine the front and rear discs.

One mechanic has come back to me and said he doesn't recommend machining rear discs but fronts are OK? What possible reason could he have for this?

Looking at $150 to fit pads, $30 per disc for machining. He has also quoted me $100 per disc on the rear supply and fit.

Any mechanics out there who could give an insight?

Member Array
    Car:
    2012 Euro CU2
    Hey man, I'm not a mechanic but my guess would be that the rear rotors have less material to machine. When new they are 9mm thick and the minimum thickness specified is 8mm, so only 1mm to play with.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2581.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	273.8 KB 
ID:	29871
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2582.JPG 
Views:	171 
Size:	215.7 KB 
ID:	29870

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    You only need it machined when it is warped. Mechanics can check this. Maybe it doesnt need machining.
    Being the rear maybe it doesn't get warped as easily as the front.
    I'm not a mechanic either.

I am a mechanic and generally the rear rotors last longer before warping than the front.
    Also you generally want 1 mm to spare before machining
    Also if rotors are warped, machining them is only a bandaid. It means there are impurities in the rotor that cause too much of a change when heated up past a certain point and will likely happen again.
    I always recommend replacement of rotors to customers. Especially cars with soft "euro spec" brakes like the accords
    And we make the same money either way because machining is pure profit but there is only like 30 bucks on a rotor profit.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk