Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    I believe honda had been using both green and blue for a period of time. So it could be either.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    My mate has been using the red coolant for 4-5 yrs now,no issues.

The only other thing I've changed in the coolant system is put in a low temp radiator fan switch,which turns the radiator fan on a few degrees cooler than the stock sensor.

I'm sure you guys know about em.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    I am using the Nulon One (yellow coolant) which is compatible for Honda. Comes with 10 year and 1,000,000kms warranty. Yep, 1,000,000!

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    Also, i connected the obd2 scanner on the car when i drove to healesville sanctuary. Coolant temp ranged from 60 to 85. A good sign.

Member Array
    Car:
    06 Euro Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by minircc View Post
    I am using the Nulon One (yellow coolant) which is compatible for Honda. Comes with 10 year and 1,000,000kms warranty. Yep, 1,000,000!
    do you have a link to the warranty?

I know they claim 10 years and 1,000,000km but there's no warranty i dont think...

also when changing colours you really need to make sure you get all of the old stuff out with a few complete fills of water, one of the reasons our 2013 will be staying with blue

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    https://www.nulon.com.au/products/Co...ms/One_Coolant

It doesn't mention warranty, but it does say guarantee. Under the specifications tab is where it shows Honda compatibility.
    I won't be leaving it in for 10 years or 1,000,000kms, just thought it's a funny claim. Maybe taxi's will like it because they actually do that many kms.

I have used Nulon products for many years so trust their stuff, especially coolants.

I just drained the radiator, made sure it all came out of the heater and the coolant reservoir.
    Didn't do any water flushes.

Then mixed the Nulon with de-mineralised water (50/50) and in it went, and made sure engine idled until there were no bubbles and fan went on etc..
    I have driven it for a few weeks already, there isn't any trace of blue in the coolant. Just yellow.

I know what you mean though, normally i also like to keep it oem colour.

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    btw Nulon also have the blue version of the coolant.
    https://www.nulon.com.au/products/Co...trated_Coolant

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    This is a common fallacy that still pops up alot.
    Not having a thermostat is bad for a non-race car as well as unnecessary in the first place.
    -modern thermostats seize open, not shut- so unnecessary in the first place.
    -the extended warm up time from having no thermostat means more time spent at a high wear state both due to the non-optimal operating temps of the engine components, as well as a longer period of richer fuel mixture (cold engine temp fuel maps) which accelerates bore/ring wear.
    -finally, in cold winter conditions your car will run too cold as it cannot get up to proper operating temps and the aforementioned issues will be occurring. so it is not true as per the below post that the thermostat is only there for warm-up. it is also to maintain operating temps in colder conditions.
    Finally, you wont have more power. the thermostat is there to keep temps at optimum operating temps. you can only go backwards from here. and not having a thermostat in wont do anything to reduce the peak temps you will reach on a very hot day (e.g. in traffic with air con on).

thermostats are there for a reason on all normal road cars. you bettering the R&D of a century of automotive industry...
    Last edited by jjman; 23-12-2016 at 07:50 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    It's good to get some nice sounding info.They say 'all seize open' yet mine was seized shut a year ago.I was using the car to charge a battery for solar for 2 hrs once a week for 6 months. Direct connection with jumper leads.I was doing it and found the coolant boiling,then found the seized closed thermostat. BOTTOM RADIATOR HOSE WAS COLD.
    I use a product called sm-33.It ceramic coats the working engine parts,giving them protection. "Technology from the future" as they say. I also regularly use moreys upper cylinder lubricant.
    If I drove in traffic I would put it in but I don't. I have no air con.I just moved to a cooler area but it's not cold.Cold is snow or close to it.
    Proper operating temps.. it's only a d16 lol my car loves being cooler cause heat is the enemy and I've reduced it . It suits my car but after learning a bit more about it I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. ..try at your own risk..my engine cost me $0 so nothing to lose.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cerma stm-3 not sm-33 lol that's for mouth ulcers.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hGwOLk8x7Sg

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Does the Cerma additive makes a difference for you beeza? I think they are about $100. Its supposed to last a long time.

There are other ceramic additive that cost significantly less like liqui Moly ceratec or liqui moly engine protect that claims to protect and reduce friction. They cost about $40.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cerma is the shiz man.The others don't compare and it's forever . I've done it to 2 engines,an auto and a manual. It pays for itself due to less accelerator pedal being applied.
    If you read the comments in that vid you will see the skepticism that they are up against.