New to Honda Accord..

G'day all...New to the forum and to Honda...not to cars , mostly Ford..
    I just bought a really genuine 1985 Accord..I love it already . After a few days ownership I realised there is a slight ticky/clicking noise eminating from the rear half of the car. Today on closer inspection it sounds like it's coming from the fuel tank. Could it be the fuel pump do you think. The car is starting and running beautifully , exceptionally in fact..Anyone else experienced this by chance.. Also the heater works okay but won't push warm or cold air through the vents with normal force..On the screen vent though the air is quite warm with the heater on but nowhere else.. Likewise anybody have any ideas what might be the problem.
    Other than that she runs amazing , the gearbox is sweet , the engine is sweeter , the car handles like new and rock solid..paint is good , no rust..and everything works..any tips would be much appreciated..she cost me $1100 ..and is the carby version , not injected but the way she goes you'd never know it..
    Oh yes...Should I use a fuel additive or normal 91 or 95 RON is okay..Thanks again /Cheers Rod..

Member Array
    Car:
    CR2 Accord VTiL
    Welcome to OzHonda Rod!

I don't have much experience with the '85 Accord, but i remember my uncle having one when i was a kid 30 or so years ago and the engine was super smooth, especially at idle when i didn't even notice the engine was running!

Great cars and good to see they are still being looked after by enthusiasts like yourself.
    Having owned a ford, holden, mitsubishi, audi, VW, mazda, toyota and several Hondas. Honda has definitely won me over.