Member Array
    Car:
    dc2

PR3-3 head non Vtec, WTF????

WE had been chasing a problem on the dyno where the Vtec wouldn't engage. Could not find anything wrong. Was starting to think that maybe I had the wrong head gasket or something.
    So It's been parked for the last month or so and decided to pull the head off. Cometic gasket is correct, head is stamped PR3-3 but there is NO Vtec oil hole in the head next to the head dowl.

So are all PR3 heads Vtec???
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    What's the date stamp on this head?
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
    What's the date stamp on this head?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2017-01-02 18_00_47-B16 Time stamp.jpg ‎- Photos.png 
Views:	162 
Size:	335.2 KB 
ID:	29961

I'm guessing that it's an '09 year?
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    isn't the year normally the circle on the left?
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Post a picture of the actual head itself. if it has a vtec solenoid and secondary cam lobes/rocker arms it's a vtec head. there are plenty of things that can stop vtec from engaging, but the most common seems to be faulty solenoids. I hope you checked that out first before pulling the head?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Quote Originally Posted by Super-DA9 View Post
    Post a picture of the actual head itself. if it has a vtec solenoid and secondary cam lobes/rocker arms it's a vtec head. there are plenty of things that can stop vtec from engaging, but the most common seems to be faulty solenoids. I hope you checked that out first before pulling the head?

Per the pix, I believe its defiantly a PR3-3 Vtec head without the oil feed hole???

Is this right?
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachm...3&d=1483432117
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PR3-3 head-20170103_190052.jpg 
Views:	367 
Size:	25.3 KB 
ID:	29963  
    Last edited by 39erman; 03-01-2017 at 06:37 PM.
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by 39erman View Post
    Per the pix, I believe its defiantly a PR3-3 Vtec head without the oil feed hole???

Is this right?
    http://www.ozhonda.com/forum/attachm...3&d=1483432117
    need a picture from the top at least.. i can't tell if it's a vtec head from the one you attached.

If it is, it does appear that it's missing a hole there. what kind of engine block do you have? is this a B20vtec or LSvtec type conversion or something?
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    dc2
    Block is a B18C.
    Pit bitch for No. 39...

REDUCED $2000 need it gone for house renovations!!!!!!!

Selling my wife's First Generation Honda Prelude 1881/82 with lots of history/ provenance. As I was cleaning In the boot I discovered on the well wall engraved is "SAHLI USA 1' so I googled only to discover that Theodore Sahli was big part of the history of this rare vehicle. I Called him in Los Angeles and he told me he was commissioned to come out to the then Honda dealer at Hornsby to show the "aussies" how to convert the Prelude. He came out with 50 conversion kits BUT only did two. He had a great time in Sydney and at the 1982 Sydney International Car Show this car was Honda's star attraction. Please see Info on Theo below, his site is blast to check out too!

Theo Sahli has been taking care of automobiles in the Newport Beach/CostaMesa area for over 35 years. He apprenticed and worked forFerrari Porsche dealerships until 1986, when he opened his first fullservice shop. He specialized in Ferrari, Lamborghinias well as other exotic imports.The shop in Newport Beachhad Jaguar, Lotus, Maserati, Bentley, Aston Martin, Riley, Rolls Royce with afew classic domestics in for service repairs.Theo has done ground-up restorations on Ferrari to Microcars ,Amphicars,Fiat 500 600, Fiat Jolly, Fiat Multipla,, BMW Isettas among others.Because of the demand for more restorations he made move to larger shopin Costa Mesa.This is the current location for “Theo’s MicroCar Motors”and Theos ExoticAutos.Theo will restore your car or he has Fiat 500, 600, or Multiplia that you can purchase for restoration.info@TheosMicroCar.com

The gentleman bought it from tells the story that it belonged to Barbie Rogers from SALE OF THE CENTURY, tried to authenticate this but Barbie is tricky to chase down, think she is at Cronulla selling Kaftans on E-Bay??????? (serious).
    The HONDAMATIC has been resprayed and is in good condition. There is surface rust very minor in the tyre well and on the engine bay at rear and on some engine parts.
    Everything works. Car is in current NSW rego,6 months, Speedo Reads 30 3131Ks. Body engine numbers match.NOT CONCOURSE but a good looker and rare!!!!
    Vinyl roof and back seat spacer are in good nick except for windows have browned off bit hard to see out and couple of the press studs need replacing
    Colour is midnight blue and sheepskin seat covers included..

Throwing in spare donor auto car, UNREGISTERED Rusty but still drives and everything works.
    It has near new coil springs that was going to swap over to convertable but never did
    Donor car has period CHEVIOT mags that came off the convertible originally.

I also have period luggage rack too!(Go on boot lid )
    I have set of new imported rear shocks as well.

BID WITH CONFIDENCE WITH MY 100% positive feedback..CAR MAY BE VIEWED at BUDGEWOI , CENTRAL COAST , one hour north of Sydney
    Quote Originally Posted by 39erman View Post
    WE had been chasing a problem on the dyno where the Vtec wouldn't engage. Could not find anything wrong. Was starting to think that maybe I had the wrong head gasket or something.
    So It's been parked for the last month or so and decided to pull the head off. Cometic gasket is correct, head is stamped PR3-3 but there is NO Vtec oil hole in the head next to the head dowl.

So are all PR3 heads Vtec???