Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux 6sp

Failed Air Con Unit

Hi All,

I bought my 2004 CL9 Luxury about 8 months ago, air con worked amazingly then about 3 months ago it completely stopped working. None of the buttons (fan up/down, ac on/off, front and rear defog) register at all when pressed. We have checked all fuses and hard reset the head unit (which I should mention is one of those stupid all in one Jap knock off cd/usb/ipod/sat nav/air con replacement jobs ) The weirdest thing is that at the exact same time that this all failed, the outside temp readout on my dash stopped working too.

My belief is that the main issue is the knock off head unit has blown an on board fuse or something (every part of it works except the air con buttons, which still light up). We have bypassed the head unit so the fans still work, they are just constantly on full bore. Or could it have something to do with the outside temperature sensor failing and that has somehow stopped the ECU from receiving the signal from the head unit?

Any help or suggestions on where to go next much appreciated

EDIT: Link to a very similar head unit to what I have: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/222223805...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
    Last edited by Ghaal; 11-01-2017 at 10:41 AM.

I've got no idea but how is that head unit? Until this point was it good? Work with the steering wheel controls etc?

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    04 CL9 Lux 6sp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaddow View Post
    I've got no idea but how is that head unit? Until this point was it good? Work with the steering wheel controls etc?
    Yeah it was alright, full steering wheel control integration. GPS didn't work but that was because I don't have a GPS card in it yet. Usual Jap knock off weirdness though, can't search through artist/albums on your Ipod so you have to scroll through manually, touchscreen calibration was pretty terrible so basically had to use the Ipod to choose the tunes before driving, no shuffle feature at all so playlists always played all songs in the same order.

And in the end it failed haha