Burnt out ECU...

Been getting more and more code 9's. Checked the dizzy and did the full diagnostic testing with multi-metre including ECU-MAN's own guide. But all came back good.. So I thought while I've got the ECU out, might as well have a peek! Wonder if this has anything to do with the problems I've been having...?

I have delusions of replacing the cap and cleaning up the board. But I'll still buy a new one Anyone got a spare p72??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Last edited by PJT; 14-01-2017 at 07:28 PM.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    It could be but not from that section of the ECU, I would suspect you have that same issue in other areas of the ECU if its causing code 9. The ECU can be fixed if it is the cause of your code 9.

Hmmm. Ecu's are a bit out of my comfort zone. My hands aren't steady enough these days for pcb work :P looking at that mess is it worth fixing?

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    There is no harm trying to fix the ecu.
    Replacing it with quality capacitor is a good idea. Panasonic FC is automotive grade with low ESR and can withstand higher temperature.
    You can get it from rs component or element 14.

Thanks for the advice. FYI, the guy I bought the engine off put an apexi piggy back deal on it which I kept using as it didn't seem to hurt and lights up like a xmas tree when vtec kicks in yo. Do you think it could have contributed to this?