Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks for the good info Richard. I took the car to a Honda mechanic and just had a chat. I'm going to buy a new speed sensor for $70 and while I'm there he will do what tests are necessary to try and find out why the wipers work by themselves.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    I'm just wondering if your wipers will suddenly start working properly once you change the speed sensor.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

I guess anything is possible. The new sensor is in now but I haven't driven it since. I 100% identified the intermittent wiper relay and it's not under the dash where the Honda mechanic said it was. It's actually under the fuse box in the engine bay. I could hear it clicking when The wipers were running on intermittent mode. It still doesn't tell me why the wipers work by themselves. The mechanic said the wiper switch is quite reliable and the motor is ok so I'm back to removing the fuse

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Does the wiper turns on when you hit a bump (pot hole) or something. You would think the switch or the relay is in the normally "off" position, meaning you need to turn the switch on or apply "power" to activate the relay. Did you manage to find a similar relay nearby you could try? Maybe the spring mechanism on the relay is loose where it is flopping around with gentle bump.
    Did you manage to get the manual for this car? Electrical drawing of the wiper system may help.

After installing a new speed sensor and a week later the wipers don't seem to be coming on by themselves, but I'm mystified how the wipers can be related to the speed sensor, Just hope they stay of now

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    If you need to blame something, the laws of thermodynamics are behind everything
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon