Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    DC5R
    Boonta, I had the same issue a week back after I had jacked up the car. After I lowered it back down it was bouncing all over the place and I couldn't understand what happened cause I didn't mess around with the wheel or tyre. My shock absorber was acting up but after a few days it settled again and it's driving like normal. Changing the tyre size on the wheels won't make it bounce unless they aren't balanced correctly.
    If the guy fitted tyres which you did not select yourself and he fitted a size which is not recommended for your car and wheel then he needs to replace them immediately at no cost to you. Changing the tyre size without changing the wheel size will throw your speedo out (maybe not much, it depends on how big the difference is in the overall rolling diameter).

Like the others have said, get the tyres replaced and the wheels balanced first by someone reputable and then go from there and see if that corrects the car's behaviour.

Member Array
    Car:
    hehe
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    He knows he's at fault and instead of admitting or fixing it he's trying to palm it off AND he's trying to get more money out of you with a BS story about the shocks . While he's replacing the shocks he'll fix the tyre and wollah problem gone.

Shockies take time to fail,you will notice it.They don't just die when you leave it at your mechanic for a couple of hours lol

I would now make a mark on your shocks to identify them incase he swaps one out.If you are able to check to see if he hasn't already done this.
    beeza's spot on
    Last edited by renzokukenj; Today at 12:34 AM. Reason: hehe

Member Array
    Car:
    EK4
    So I got a second opinion and the guys at Jax Tyres told me that the front shocks were gone, probably due to the car getting lifted and the shocks getting extended more than usual which meant a loss of gas. There was basically no 'give' in the front anymore.

So in the end went back to my mechanic as Jax Tyres weren't able to match his price. I just need to get wheel alignment done now.

Thanks for everyone's input and this has definitely been a learning experience.