Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord

Honda Legend parts

The joys of owning a non AU Accord continue..

Has anyone seen any KA9 (1996 - 2005 3.5L V6) Honda Legends at Australian wreckers?

The look a bit odd - styled a bit like a Merc.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Do you know the part number you are after?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Not sure of part numbers. I am looking for the L & R front brake calipers and mounting brackets.

Member Array
    Car:
    your mum
    i have seen the KA legend in the local wrecker in WA.
    connorling, your profile and evidenced by your post tells me alot about what type of feral you are..... all class 'hay'!!!! ps. not your m8....

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Was it this one? https://i.ebayimg.com/00/s/NjQ4WDg2NA==/z/2tYAAOSwqu9VEP2O/$_20.JPG

If it was, and on the slim chance you are planning to visit this place in the intermediate future,, drop me a PM. No rush though, I'm also looking on this side of the country.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Is the correct part here, if so can you please tell me the number.
    http://www.oemacuraparts.com/auto-pa...ont-brake-scat

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Thanks Martin

I am after L & R front calipers. The entire bolt on assemblies with springs etc. The KA9 3.5L Legend apparently has the same rotor & offset as my CM2 Accord.

Some sources point out that a 2006 Odyssey also uses this brake (it apparently uses the same pad). Not sure about the offset, but how different can it be?

What does not help is that Honda seems to assign different part numbers to identical parts if they are for different cars. I know that at least the nissin twin pod at the center of this brake assembly was used on a host of different models.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    Sorry Richard,
    Why do you need another one. Isnt there one in yours already?

You can get the calipers online from the US easy enough if you want to pay shipping.

You may have more issues with the caliper brackets as most of the reman calipers don't seem to have the brackets especially if you want the 28t ones. I got some brackets off a guy on acuralegend.org, I found all the Audm versions of the Odessey/accord/legend in local wreckers only have lower spec parts (ie smaller rotors, single piston calipers etc)

Good luck.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin77 View Post
    Sorry Richard,
    Why do you need another one. Isnt there one in yours already?
    There are 2 on my car already. They work OK but my 94 Accord stops more aggressively. I nearly drove through the back of a Porsche Cayenne a few months ago because my judgement was based on my previous, older car. The Legend calipers are (supposedly) a bolt-on upgrade for my model. I just replaced the front rotors and braking has improved, but I want more squeeze.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
    There are 2 on my car already. They work OK but my 94 Accord stops more aggressively. I nearly drove through the back of a Porsche Cayenne a few months ago because my judgement was based on my previous, older car. The Legend calipers are (supposedly) a bolt-on upgrade for my model. I just replaced the front rotors and braking has improved, but I want more squeeze.
    Just get higher CoF pads, it will be cheaper and probably get you better results unless you are upgrading your rotor diameter at the same time. Even so when I went up a size the braking feel was no better until I got better pads.

Member Array
    Car:
    Accord Euro CL9
    RC is right. The easiest is to replace the pads with one with better grip. Try qfm hpx pads. It's about $80 per set and similar in performance to Bendix ultimate. Ask Greg, Matt or Nathan from Brakesdirect.com.au. if your rotor is rough, there is a person in Bankstown who can machine it for cheap (approx $50 for the pair) but you need to take the rotor off yourself and give it to him.