Question Swap GE 1.5 into GE 1.3?

Ok, I apologise in advance if this has been covered elsewhere - I did a cursory search within the Jazz forum but couldn't find a post.

My 2009 GE 1.3 has done 265,000kms (and still going strong...) but along the way I picked up a written off 2010 GE 1.5 very cheaply... in fact, it owes me nothing now because of the bits I sold off it... I did, once, have visions of supercharging this unit but am undecided pending the swap.

The question I have is: how straight forward is it to swap the 1.5 (64,000km) into the 1.3 body?

Both are manual gearboxes, tick that one... I'd swap motor, box and driveline complete.
    Cables etc all seem compatible.

I have the ecu for the 1.5 (actually I can pull the whole loom if necessary).
    Is the loom for the 1.3 ecu (plugs etc) compatible with the 1.5 ecu pin outs/plugs?

The a/c can be swung out of the way without actually disconnecting (from my observations...)

Has anyone done this swap? Any input would be appreciated.

I do have another vehicle I can use during the swap, so rushing/time is not a factor.

Cheers
    Garry

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Probably the only difference would be the ecu
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum