Thread: B16b history

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07CRV/97EK9 rep

B16b history

Hey guys,

I have come into possession of an ek9 b16b engine and I'm trying to find out more about it.

All I know so far is that it has Spoon cams and cam gears and that the gearbox has Spoon LSD and internals. The guy that I bought from, bought it from someone else running in a white ek hatch that had a sunroof and carbon bonnet. An owner or two before him had it (most likely different shell) on the track.

Apparently at some point it was worked on at Top One Auto in arncliffe. I've had the engine for about 2 years and the guy before me had it for 3 or 4 so this would easily be 5+ years ago. The receipts have apparently gone missing somewhere down the line but I would love to find out the history of the engine if any.

Anybody know of or remember a b16b running around Sydney/NSW 5+ years ago?

There was a purple ek1 that went through 2 owners on here - prob 6-7 years ago
    .had a b16b
    Might possibly be the engine you speak of

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    07CRV/97EK9 rep
    Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    There was a purple ek1 that went through 2 owners on here - prob 6-7 years ago
    .had a b16b
    Might possibly be the engine you speak of
    Would you happen to know the usernames or anyway that I might be able to get in contact with them?