Honda Civic 2008 Common Problems?

Hi guys,

I'm looking to purchase a Honda Civic roughly about 2008-2009.

I've done some research online and reports have suggested engine block cracking , interior rattling and clear coat failure as most common faults.

Not too concerned about the last two but the engine block cracking doesn't sound comforting to say the least.

Could any owners add to this list of common faults with Civic and things to look for when buying privately/from a dealership?

Thanks!

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Only the engine blocks overseas where prone tp cracking / pourous
    Some of the 1.8L were fitted with the wrong engine bearings from factory
    Requiring a new short block (NLA) or new bearings
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    They are pretty much bulletproof,but also consider a Corolla sedan of the same vintage.....

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    The zre152's have a problem with carbon fouling the cylinder walls
    Causing hard starts or no starts
    And apparently oil sludge
    Thats all I've been told
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

What I have read in the past and what I experienced:
    * Windshield water nozzle squirting water during bump. Minor problem. Re-route the water tube on the small compartment above the firewall. Around the top mounting of strut.
    * Engine Mounting. Sounds like gravel inside empty mineral water when you pass the bump. Random. Change the hydraulic engine mounting
    * Squeak - Squeal every time clutch depress. Just dry mechanism near trans on the engine bay. Also the mechanism of the pedal inside the cabin.

I know for the fact one of friend of mine had his engine broken and covered by warranty. But only one. My other friends who have civic have no problem with engine at all.