2008 Odyssey VTEC Solenoid Assembly and Oil Pressure switch - HELP

Hi everyone,

I have had an issue with my 2008 Odyssey over the last 2 years that Honda have not been able to solve. I keep getting the CEL light coming on with an error code of P2646 or P2647 over the past 2 years. I have had the whole VTEC solenoid assembly changed, then just the oil pressure switch changed and just a few weeks ago they changed the whole assembly once again. Every time I leave the dealership the light comes back on within 2 weeks. Just the a couple of weeks ago Honda did an engine flush believing there may be some sludge in the motor causing the issue, the light still came back on. I took it back and they then cleaned the oil galleries related to the VTEC solenoid assembly. Also on numerous occassions over the past 2 years Honda have cleaned the filter/screens on these parts and reset the codes to no avail. It is very frustrating to have changed these parts so many times and the same error code coming back every time. Also I have noticed what triggers this on most occassions is when i drive uphill. The car has an excellent service history and only 100,000 kms. If anyone else has had this recurring issue could you please advise of a known fix. Thanks to all.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Unfortunately for that generation odyssey
    Theres a wire harness that controls VTEC that passes right by the exhaust manifold
    Over time that wire harness shorts out and causes issues with VTEC
    Its an engineering error by Honda
    Not an uncommon problem with them
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Thanks so much for your reply Jasemus. If possible could you please advise if this is an easy fix and additionally is it an expensive fix? Thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I think the proper fix is a new wiring harness
    Easily $2k
    What the techs do. Is rewire the VTEC solenoid and pressure switch to tbe ECU
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Thanks mate, I'm guessing the rewire from the solenoid and switch is a much cheaper option.