Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Accord Euro 2006 - hit by floods

My car was hit by the recent flooding and unfortunately I don't have any insurance on it (first time after 10 years of no incidents I decided to cancel it too =\). Anyways engine won't turn over and it appears the water got up to at least the seats. It was parked on a slant so it did manage to get on top of the passenger seat but not the drivers seat.. Not sure where the ECU is but the fuse box definitely got wet. I noticed some water coming out of the exhaust and decided to stop trying to start it. It's Sunday today so won't be able to take it to a mechanic. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yes,get it to a mechanic ASAP!

Sorry to hear mate,tough blow.But get it to a mechanic so you can ease your mind.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    The ecu sits under the headunit . So if fusebox got wet the the ecu definately got water cause they are thr same height
    Last edited by Fredoops; 27-03-2017 at 10:11 AM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    ACCORD EURO
    Good luck,hope you get the Euro sorted out soon...

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Sell it on guntree to an immigrant
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Quote Originally Posted by YeahByuddy View Post
    Sell it on guntree to an immigrant
    Hahahahahahahahahaha
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    The ecu sits under the headunit . So if fusebox got wet the the ecu definately got water cause they are thr same height
    Thanks for the posts guys.

Looks like it probably would have hit the ECU then... I hadn't touched the car for 5-6 days so hopefully it would have dried out by then?

I'm getting the car detailed tomorrow and will take it to a mechanic... Funnily enough I actually found footage of my car on facebook (zooms in around 23s and is the black car inbetween the white wagon and the small car):
    https://www.facebook.com/axp02/video...8505902155220/

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Ok what you wanna do is to open the side. And maybe even take the ecu out to dry..

https://www.hondata.com/tsx_ecu_removal.html

Obviously don't touch the steering column but the rest is pretty much the same.

The ecu plugs. Pull it out and insert a few times in case the connecters had started to rust this way you might be able to scrape the surface rust off.
    Last edited by Fredoops; 28-03-2017 at 12:17 PM.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Thanks Fred. Will follow this guide. There were two other things I noticed:

- the airbag light is on but hasn't been deployed. All the other electronics seem to work including aircon
    - gear shift is locked and the brake pedal is held at the bottom. I released the gear shift (via pressing down small switch next to it) but brake was still locked.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Reset the srs light:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-9iQ5rN62tg

just did it on my mates civic,it works.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys.

Just pulled out the ECU, was still wet. Same as the SRS airbag unit. Checked the airfilter and it was still dry so at least nothing got into the engine. Gonna dry out the ECU and airbag unit and check for any damage, was probably shorting with all the water around. Fingers crossed there wasn't any damage otherwise worst case may be to replace it. Haven't checked all the fuses but so far none has blown.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Cool as "guy"

My old ecu sat opened in heavy rain for a week,it was on the scrap pile,then I needed it,connected it and it worked!!