Question P0325 Knock Sensor issue CL9

Hey everyone. I posted around a year ago regarding a p0325 code for my knock sensor, I had suddenly received the code out of nowhere and eventually got it fixed with a new sensor. Fast forward to now, didn't have any issues until the other day when I got another check engine light, and what do you know, it's the p0325 knock sensor again. Surely there must be something else going wrong apart from this sensor, this time I did notice however that the check engine light came on as I was accelerating a bit hard and hit 5k~ RPMS, if that's any clue. The current sensor in my '03 CL9 (145km's) is genuine and was brand new.

I'm going to take it back and get it fixed again obviously but I'm curious if anybody would have any idea why this happened again so soon. I just really don't want to keep forking out money for this thing, thanks for the help!

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    sounds like it could actually be a genuine knock event then. have you considered-
    fuel quality in your area? (you are already using 95 octane+?)
    excessive carbon build up in the motor?

Quote Originally Posted by jjman View Post
    sounds like it could actually be a genuine knock event then. have you considered-
    fuel quality in your area? (you are already using 95 octane+?)
    excessive carbon build up in the motor?
    That's what I've been told...unfortunately. I have a feeling it might be something to do with that, because I've stupidly been letting my tank run to basically empty a lot before re-filling recently, you reckon' something might've got in? I always use 98, don't think it could be carbon build up.

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Quote Originally Posted by choppyshrimp View Post
    I always use 98, don't think it could be carbon build up.
    Sadly carbon build up doesn't really have much to do with what fuel you use.

The k24 engines in hondas actually does carbon up.... a lot.
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    I delete this earlier.

But here's what I'd do.

New Air Filter
    New Plugs - I usually use the middle priced ones as i replace mine once a year and 1/2 ish.
    New Oil + Filter
    Clean Intake Track - TB, IM, Airbox, New Filter. Throttle Plate.
    Oil Flush - I really like Liquid Moly products.
    Clean the knock sensor
    Clean the MAF
    Clean around the Knock Sensor
    Subby Upper Head Cleaner
    Strong Fuel System Cleaner - Recommend the liquid Moly stuff.
    Idunno about k24 but my k20 had 2 filters which were dirty. One is near the power steering pump I think and other was near the oil filter. Clean these as well.

Any performance engine should have this done atleast once a year, specially if you like hitting tek often.

Since your going this far, may as well do the full thing lol, new coolant, gboxfluid, inspect on powersteering fluid/brake fluid + Serpentine belt. With a full detail. Whole day project and leaves the car smick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fredoops View Post
    Sadly carbon build up doesn't really have much to do with what fuel you use.

The k24 engines in hondas actually does carbon up.... a lot.
    Oh nah I didn't mean that it was related to that haha.
    And thanks @amant02 I get most of that stuff done but yeah I'll be sure to get more intensive this time.

Member Array
    Car:
    Euro 7th Gen
    yeah carbon build up increases the compression ratio as well as making the combustion equation not as balanced- hence leading to knock. though if you have been using 98 then that could be ruled out unless you live in a 'stan. 98 is plenty if not overkill...
    Last edited by jjman; 06-04-2017 at 12:36 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    You cannot escape carbon build up.... even on 98.

Its just how internal combustion engines work.

I remember reading a scientific journal about how it reaches an equilibrium at 10,000KMs, meaning the amount of carbon leaving the engine is equal to the amount its creating/entering.

Just an update-
    I think the car has gone back to normal lol, check engine light hasn't come on for a few days and it's not limping anymore, I'm guessing it's all good now, any ideas why? Haha

Member Array
    Car:
    '03 Euro [CL9]
    Check your grounding points and shit

Make sure you don't have a loose connection somewhere
    2003 CL9 5AT *ECU REFLASHED*
    CT-E Icebox|Ralco RZ pulleys|K&N filter|DC Header|250cell Cat|Cusco Tower & H Brace| H.Drive Coilovers | Rays RE30 18x8.5 | S/S Brakelines | Rigid Collars