2002 Honda Integra Driver Door Remains Locked - Won't open with remote or manually

2002 Honda Integra (right hand drive Australia model) (model DC5 I think - 2002-2006 approx)

Driver side door was locked via remote, then later would NOT open via remote or even manually from the inside
    Inside driver manual lock nob will not move up or down
    Outside driver door handle does not open door
    Inside driver door handle does not open door
    Manual central locking switch (near driver door handle) operates exactly the same as the remote key fob switch (driver door still does not open)

Passenger door works fine via remote
    Passenger door manual lock nob works normally up and down into unlock and lock
    Rear hatch door works fine via remote and manually

(NOTE: approx Feb 2013 I purchased an after-market driver door actuator and had it installed by a professional but then the driver door was still opening via the door key manually)

The biggest problem is not being able to open the driver door to allow me to pull the door trim off so as I can have a good look and a tinker around inside the door panel

Previous experience with other cars was that the actuator motors started to lose power slowly but this one was all of the sudden overnight without any tell tale warnings

Any good idea's on how to get the driver door open?
    Any idea's as to what might actually be the problem in these cars?
    If I can get the door open any guides on how to get the door trim off effectively?

See thumbnail pics: 1] Driver door handle inside with electric window switches 2] Passenger side door 3] close up driver door handle 4] schematic actuator (no's 5 + 26) plus other locking mechanisms in door cavity

Any help appreciated
    Thanks
    SteveClick image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01510.JPG 
Views:	324 
Size:	106.0 KB 
ID:	30062Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01509.JPG 
Views:	175 
Size:	154.4 KB 
ID:	30063Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01512.JPG 
Views:	176 
Size:	75.3 KB 
ID:	30064Click image for larger version. 

Name:	honda integra actuator.JPG 
Views:	314 
Size:	55.4 KB 
ID:	30065
    Last edited by integra1; 11-04-2017 at 11:50 PM.

Moderator Array
    Car:
    '90 EF8/'94 EH9
    You might be able to just pop the top of the door trim off without accessing the lower clips, pull it away from the door and manually unlock it with the locking arm/rod.

Will take a bit of convincing that's all...

thats a good thought

thanks

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    There are 2 screws and just clips that hold the door card onto the door.

Usually they are located on the handle that opens the door on the door card and on the arm rest. Youtube it theres a million video's on this.

You cannot open the top part without removing the screws and clips at the bottom. It sits on the windows inner edge that's wat actually carrying the door cards weight.

Then you simply just unhook the wires to window switchs and wires that control the door locking/opening mechanism.

Issue is when the 'professional' put it back together he didn't do a good job and rushed it. Just unhook everything and re hook it up and when you put it back together take your time and make sure nothing is interfering with anything. I have done this before as well, I'd be going back to the professional that you paid.....

Thanks amant02, good advice
    When you say "door card" do you mean the door trim (whole plastic door cover)?

Have not done anything yet because have not had the time....and am waiting for a new (after market) actuator from eBay - only cost $26AU but worth having around if you need it ... found a car parts wrecker nearby who has locking mechanism if I need it
    Last edited by integra1; 15-04-2017 at 05:32 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Yup the inside door trim.

Its piss easy 2/10. Just take your time dont get frustrated it will work out.

thats good - thanks

Haven't had a chance to do anything yet - then, this morning for some strange unknown reason the driver door remote locking mechanism/actuator worked and I could open the driver door again.
    As strange as it stopped working suddenly, it now opens suddenly - work that one out? I have purchased a new actuator and a used locking mechanism - so if it goes again I'll be ready