Newcomer Array
    Car:
    2016 Civic LX

Service due soon? Not even 10,000k or one year yet huh?

Hi everyone

My car is a 2016 Civic and few days ago my car showed on the dashboard says due for a service soon and about a month ago inhave received a text from my Honda dealer that says about the same thing

But my car has only done 4000k or so K's and last service was only October
    Sticker at the front and service book says service is supposed to be on 10,000ks or September this year so which one is it then?

Called my Honda dealer then they said something about 6months?..

I dont really know i feel im going to be ripped off at the same time i dont wanna damage my car

Pleaee any advice would be great

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    10,000 k's for sure,better to go by the km than time unless it sits for a period of time,even then you won't have a problem. Would be best to learn how to do basic servicing because it saves you money and you get pride and confidence in yourself and your car.
    Dealerships charge way too much to change oil.

Just my 2cents... Spend that money on a nice restaurant with the Mrs

Member Array
    Car:
    ®
    Have you owned the car for 6months now? I think it needs a service.

Most new models have the 2nd service at 6months or 10,000km (which ever comes first).

To make things more confusing, I looked at the service schedule for the 2016 Civic LX on Honda.com.au and it only says it's due at 10,000km (not 6months), but most other models say 6months OR 10,000km. https://www.honda.com.au/why-honda/servicing.html

The tailored service price is $281.00.

I personally think its due for another one if you've owned the car for 6months, being a new engine and all. I don't think the dash warning light, the text system and the dealer are going to all be wrong when you consider most models say 6 months also.

Double check with them, and if you're really worried, get them to give you written proof of you actually needing a 6 month service.

Newcomer Array
    Car:
    Accord 2011
    you can probably get by doing your own checks on the car. If you don't see any major or pressing issues that need to be looked at, you can really stick to what's on the label before having to worry about bringing the car in. Just make sure you're thorough if you're going to have a look under the hood yourself and you should be ok!