DC2R clutch problem - Clutch not coming all the way and not getting in/out of gear

Hi Guys

I just had a quick question in relation to my clutch which suddenly stopped working!

Yesterday while I was in the car park, I noticed that the clutch stopped coming all the way out (it was as if it was stuck after I pushed it in initially). I also noticed that the clutch biting point changed dramatically - it would bite as soon as I released the clutch ever so slightly (not that it went out very far).

I was already parked so I just parked the car and went to run my errands. Afterwards while trying to get out of the car park - because the clutch was pushed all the way in and wouldn't come out, I couldn't put my car into gear. I had to wrestle with it for a good 10 minutes before I got it into 1st and even then, because the clutch is literally stuck. the engine just stalls as soon as the car comes to a stop. And I also couldn't push the clutch in to go into Neutral or change gears.

I managed to roll it out of the car park and parked it on the side street.

My problem now is how to get it to a mechanic.

Is there anything I can do besides towing the car to my local mechanic? I don't think I can drive it given that I can't get into gear, and when I do finally force it into gear it won't come out of gear again

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

check clutch fluid reservoir?

are you certain that it's clutch issue?

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    95% sure youve lost the clutch fluid,check the reservoir and under for leak

Thanks for your response guys!

I had a look last night and I'm not sure if I'm looking at the wrong part but it seems the reservoir is relatively full?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20170418-WA0003.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	127.8 KB 
ID:	30075

Might have to call out a mobile mechanic for this?

Member Array
    Car:
    EG5.9, EF9, EL2
    that one is your Brake Master Cylinder, check the smaller one next to it also see if the Clutch Slave Hose (~20cm long rubber hose on front of the gearbox) to see if it's split.

Most likely Clutch Master Cyl and/or Slave Cyl, very common - email if you need new OEM parts: bede@gaijin-garage.com