Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord

Unhappy Lost Alarm remote - stuck

Hi All.

The alarm remote for the 1994 vintage aftermarket alarm has fallen off my keys somewhere and the spare turns out to be defective. The car is now stuck in alarm mode ( I manually opened the door) and immobilised. Luckily the backup battery for the alarm is weak so it's only making sad disappointed robot whimpers when I open the door now

I don't actually know whether the alarm is immobilising the engine or if it has activated a standard Honda function. Did early 5th Gen Accords actually come with a factory immobiliser circuit?

If this has happened to anyone else, what did you do to overcome not being able to disarm the alarm? Did you get a universal key fob to work (and how?), or a new alarm?

I kind of don't want to take out this old alarm and then find out I needed to do something else first to be able to start the car!

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Pretty sure the 94-95 cd5s had an aftermarket alarm installed
    96 cd5s like mine have the immobilizer from factory
    So you should be able to disconnect battery and gut the alarm and install a new alarm system
    You've gone through more accords than I changed underwear this month! - Sugz

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Thanks for the info!

These cars are ridiculously easy to break into so an alarm / immobiliser is really the only way to stop it disappearing.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    Hmmm yeah they really are
    Wire up a start switch into the ignition wire hiding it somewhere - that's what I had on my old cd5

www.OzAccord.net/forum

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    You can wire up an kill switch where you have to have a combination of 2 or 3 of the buttons pushed in/switched on to start the car.

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    I, embarrassingly, am having a bit of trouble locating the alarm module.

The cable to the siren and hood switch disappears through the firewall somewhere behind the ventilator unit behind the glove box, but I can't think of where the most logical spot would be where an aftermarket installer would have put the module. It is definitely not under the dash on the drivers side.

Would they have removed the ventilator to fit the alarm? That seems a bit excessive.

Before I start ripping apart the dash, has anyone found / removed theirs?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Worked it out. Car now has a killswitch immobiliser but no alarm.

Spent rather a lot of time upside down between the pedals, with crap falling into my face.

Member Array
    Car:
    CD5 & GE6
    I think last time i was doing that work
    I removed the drivers set to make it easier lol

www.OzAccord.net/forum