Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Changing Transmission Fluid Help DC5R

I own a dc5r with 175,000 km. For the one year i have owned it the gear shifts have been very smooth and overall have felt very solid. However, the last month or so that is not the case. Gears are much harder to get into than previously and overall quality feels bad. Ive never tracked the car but i do drive the car in a spiritedly manner quite often. I am not sure when the transmission fluid was changed last so i am worried if i do change it i could loosen deposits that have settled into place etc. As for what oil/fluid to use i am not sure for my car. Ive done a lot of research but could not find a good reccomendation for my specific car. Would appreciate any knowledge and recommendations of what fluid/oil to use as i am a noob. Keep in mind the issues i have with the car at the moment and the fact that its a daily and is driven in hot conditions in summer. Thanks.

Member Array
    Car:
    porsche boxster
    Honda mtf mate,can't go wrong

dont think i can buy that here mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    75w90 gbok oil. If you idunno which oil to use is best to let a mechanic do it.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    75w80 is the one you use my friend

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by Tony99 View Post
    dont think i can buy that here mate.
    Run MTF06 ( oem honda stuff)

Its not hard to drop the fluid , ask a local DIY guy on here to help

from perth mate.

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    from perth mate.
    nice man

go to dealership

ask for oils

go to mech

ask to put in

10/10

would

repair

again
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Quote Originally Posted by RenzokukenJ View Post
    nice man

go to dealership

ask for oils

go to mech

ask to put in

10/10

would

repair

again
    i know how to change the fluid...

should read my OP...

i know how to change the fluid...

should read my OP...

Nothing in your OP states that you know how to change it. Infact , since you are asking for recommendations for fluid , unsure of if deposits or not will be loosened and clearly stated you are a noob it implies you do not know how to.

Buy the recommended fluid ( MTF06) pay someone to change it (mech or DIY guy)

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Buy any GL5 75w90

or buy MTF

if you want recommendations, i have used penrite pro gear, motul 300v and motul ff type 2 all with great success.

Also the oil weight should be dependent on weather and conditions for us aussies its 75w90 GL 5 for most modern day cars.

Quote Originally Posted by bennjamin View Post
    Nothing in your OP states that you know how to change it. Infact , since you are asking for recommendations for fluid , unsure of if deposits or not will be loosened and clearly stated you are a noob it implies you do not know how to.

Buy the recommended fluid ( MTF06) pay someone to change it (mech or DIY guy)
    either way i didn't receive any useful info other than what oil to use. Personally i dont want to pay people for every little thing i need done for my car. Yes I'm a noob. I've only been driving for a year and I've never had the opportunity to learn the basics outside of watching videos on the internet and reading forums. So i would appreciate if people were giving me some good knowledge.