Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Delay starting car

Hey guys,

So I have this weird problem, that when I turn the key to start my car, after the click, there is like a slight 1-3 second delay before the car actually cranks and starts.
    Not sure if it is my starter motor or something else electrical, but I've checked my grounds to make sure they're all tight and my battery actually went flat a few days ago,
    I replaced the battery and it was fine for a few days but then it started happening again.

Oh and I had replaced the starter motor about 1.5 years ago to a reconditioned one and when I had first got it, they said they had put in
    a bigger starter solenoid and it would start abnormally fast like you wouldn't hear a crank, it would just fire up, but overtime it didn't start as fast and started like what a normal starter motor would do,
    and now this happens, so maybe it is slowing down or something..? idk LOL!

Its not really a big deal but its starting to get to me day by day, making me think my battery is flat haha,
    just wondering if anyone can shed some light on this.
    Any input is appreciated!

Thanks!

Here is the video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4O3...ature=youtu.be

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    That's so weird.Subscribed.

i know right? hahaha

Member Array
    Car:
    DC5s
    If the start was fine with a new battery, then it could be the alternator failing to fully recharge the battery
    Test the alternator, there are plenty of guides on google

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Fuel Pump? Is it priming the fuel properly?

Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Is the Alternator charging OK?

Also, could this be an immobiliser relay playing up?
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    I'd go with the ignition switch.

If it's not a fuel pump or alternator issue.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    They are all worth checking.Follow the you tube guides and take it too an auto electrician if you get stuck.

I have replaced the immobiliser receiver, but no luck, and tested the alternator, but it seems to be working and charging fine.
    It isn't showing any symptoms of a bad ignition switch.

My next suspect would be the fuel pump, I hear it prime most of the time but sometimes it doesn't, however this might just be my ears,
    Very rarely I think I also hear my fuel pump whine, like somethings vibrating and I did notice a drop of mileage a while ago haha!
    When its low fuel like 1-2 bars it would be slow to start after its been sitting a while, but once i drive it, its back to normal, almost like it needs to be lubricated or something LOL!

Can a fuel pump be priming slow?
    Because if I turn the key to reds and wait a bit, for it to prime, I don't get the delay as much

Thank you all for the replies, appreciated!

Also, will a walbro 255LPH affect my fuel pressure and make my car run richer? (do i need a fuel pressure regulator if so?)
    Or can I just swap it in without any modifications at all, or should I just get some aftermarket replacement.

Stock dc2r btw, just bolt ons i/h/e

Thanks again

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Can you try a different starter motor?
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut

Member Array
    Car:
    Toyota Soarer
    Can you try a different starter motor?

Sent from my SM-G928I using Tapatalk
    Users I've upset: EKVTIR-T | Renaissance_x | Integra-GSi | Stevil | vteckiller | dyln_bxtr | zedries | joyride | eren | Brian FD2R | AusS2000 | amant02 - II | CRXDEL501 | Indie | UiK | mnc | neut