Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Member Array
    Car:
    94 & 06 Accord
    Tricky one!

If you put a volt meter across the battery, when do you see the voltage drop upon starting? My reasoning here is that if the only drop you see is after the starter solenoid engages (click), your starter is OK and you won't have to worry about that end of it. Apologies if this is way too obvious.

Fuel pressure and main relay are your main suspects now. Do a quick and dirty check like this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdpP4wxBvpA

Compared to other brands 90's Honda's start very quickly, and part of that I think is that there is good fuel pressure available almost immediately.

Also check Eric's videos on main relay analysis and proper fuel pressure testing with a gauge.
    Current: 2006 i-CTDi Tourer 1994 VTI Accord Wagon

Thanks Richard!
    I will definitely check that out!

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    Changing to a bigger fuel pump will not require a tune.

The pressure seen by the engine is controlled by fuel pressure regulator. The pump pressure is only up to the fuel pressure reg. 255 is a weak pump and the OEM fuel pressure regs should handle this.

I have a easier test to determine fuel pressure, its not 100%. Dont start the car, just keep on turning the key on and off position on the key. If its the pump it will sound funny, if the sound is consistent its all g.

My fuel pump got louder and made unusual sounds before it died. Took it a few months to die, but it died eventually. Other symptoms are rough idle and stalling when taking off in 1st.

Green block gangster Array
    Car:
    twin GX160's
    3 things can cause this delay in your situation here

1. as mentioned the ignition switch, but I doubt it

2. the aftermarket immobiliser

3. the factory immobiliser.

Unfortunately your video does not show what the green key is doing on the cluster however 5 seconds into the video you can hear a non standard tone complete then the starter cranks, what is making the noise ? head unit or aftermarket immo ?. I suspect the aftermarket immobiliser is causing the delay. You can check this by dropping the drivers dash cover and inspect the wiring to it (the control unit that is making the blue LED flash). You may find it splices into the ignition switch wiring mainly the stater wire (solid white from memory). If so get a simple test light connect one side to ground and the other to the start wire from the ignition switch before the aftermarket immo unit, you should see 12v immediately. Then do the same on the other side of the start wire after the aftermarket immo unit you should see the delay. If you see the delay on both sides then its the factory immobiliser control unit or the factory starter cut relay.

Do the above test and go from there, Your battery, starter, main relay and fuel pump are fine and cannot cause the delay shown in your video.
    Last edited by ECU-MAN; 16-06-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Member Array
    Car:
    KSWAPPED STi -R
    This kunt is the smartest kunt on mordern day ozhonda. He should be our president.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    And a GREAT guy to boot who genuinely cares.Yup ozhonda would be lacking if is wasn't for this man.

If we could still see our reputation,I'm pretty sure John was/is at God status.

But John you have had the same avatar for 13 years now!! nah beavis and butthead are the sh*t.

Yep he has fixed some of my problems before, great guy!
    The unusual sound at 5 seconds is my dashcam haha

I think you might be right, you just saved me $1xx on a fuel pump HAHA
    I will definitely try this out!

Thanks ECUMAN