Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude

Tobias, 1989 Honda Prelude!

Hi All!

picked up a Manual 3rd gen Prelude with a B20A6 as a daily driver a few weeks ago and after taking it for a couple drives i realised it deserves better, so its going to be getting a few upgrades!

I've fixed up a couple oil leaks so far:
    - Rebuilt distributor
    - replaced Oil pan Gasket

theres a fair bit to go, so im open to any helpful tips anyone can offer!
    Newbie with an old Lude

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Welcome mate! Looks sweet.What a great car they were and still are with the 4WS system.I don't think they all has 4WS? does yours.

Getting chilly in Canberra? I'll be coming through there on the 26th on my way to the snowy mountains.

btw you might know...I'm looking for the best skatepark there for carving,like snake pits/bowls etc,old school style for an old school rider.Belconnen or eddison maybe?
    Last edited by beeza; 16-06-2017 at 05:34 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post
    Welcome mate! Looks sweet.What a great car they were and still are with the 4WS system.I don't think they all has 4WS? does yours.

Getting chilly in Canberra? I'll be coming through there on the 26th on my way to the snowy mountains.

btw you might know...I'm looking for the best skatepark there for carving,like snake pits/bowls etc,old school style for an old school rider.Belconnen or eddison maybe?
    Yes 4WS all the way!
    And I'd hit up belco for sure, best park in canberra I reckon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Newbie with an old Lude

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Sweet,belco it is! Thanks.

Sorry,was thinking about the trip and didn't answer ya question.

Change the 02 sensor (oxygen sensor).Rarely do they last more than 100,000k's and when they send an incorrect reading to the ecu the car runs rich and a bit rough for it.Important.

Squirt water or upper engine conditioner or seafoam through the throttle body to clean/remove carbon in the upper head,namely where the valve seat so they seal properly.

Calibrate tps voltage - there's a diy in the link in my sig.

Grease up the pilot ball which is part of the clutch,part of the slave cylinder.

I could go on but the sliding pins in the brake calipers get overlooked..they simply need removing,cleaned up,graphite greased and put back in.

So much to do on a car with some age,you will be busy.I just highlighted some important ones that hardly ever get mentioned.

Did you use an aftermarket or OEM sump gasket?

Member Array
    Car:
    DC2
    Quote Originally Posted by beeza View Post

Woden (Eddison) seems to be where most of the local skaters go these days. It's also the newest park and it seems pretty old skool-friendly. So It might be worth checking out. When I was younger and skating every day I used to spend my time at Weston and Civic but those parks are pretty quiet these days from what I've seen.

Nice car OP. Best of luck.
    -ZAMMIN-

"I know who you are, and I know if I make a formal complaint Mr. Benjamin will have to roll over and give me all your details"
    - Integra-GSi 19/11/2015

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    awesome Beeza, ill add those to my list!
    Newbie with an old Lude

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    Super-DA9, hopefully it's a lot nicer after im done with it!
    Already picked up a wing with a light in it to chuck on after all the hard stuff is done.
    Newbie with an old Lude

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    No problem mate.

Thanks Super! I will def give eddison a go.

Member Array
    Car:
    EP3R>AH>EK>DC2
    Gday Tobias,

Any pics of the 3G atm? They're fairly quick and so nice to cruise around in.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
    SPAMMAPS
    Carburettor|Nation

that mikey G guy is the biggest shit talker ive ever met..
    in the space of 15minutes he sold two sets of wheels. claims a guy under the username DNT-CRY bought them!

Member Array
    Car:
    Prelude
    Quote Originally Posted by Austro View Post
    Did you use an aftermarket or OEM sump gasket?
    I got lucky and picked up an OEM one from a local parts place, guy had to search a bit to find it - last one they had in stock I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Newbie with an old Lude