Hey all,

Figured i should start something before i get too deep, pretty much each post i chuck in this thread is going to describe any more detailed than usual things i get up to on the lude' while trying to bring it back to its former Glory.

Details on the car:
-1989 Honda prelude 2.0si 4WS
-Manual trans
-370,000 kms on the clock
- pretty much stock errythang apart from a few little extras which were on the car when i bought it which were:
  1. the sound system, including an absolutely massive sub enclosure that basically filled the whole boot
  2. chrome shifter
  3. cd player

Since buying the car there were a couple small things i needed to fix up for rego,
leaks, blown bulbs & a small electrical fault that was causing a couple fuses to blow.

First thing i did was change all the bulbs & removed the maaad sound system (head deck didn't work anyways) and as it turned out, a bad wiring job on the headunit was what caused the electrical fault!
two birds one stone.

Removed the Chrome shifter & replaced with OEM Honda shifter piced up from a wreckers, also installed a glovebox (yes the car came without a glovebox.

The sump was leaking so i thought it was best to replace the gasket - went to drain the oil and upon closer inspection i realised the the 'sump bolt' had been chemi-welded in (due to it being stripped was my guess).

Took the whole sump off anyways which was a messy experience and found out that my sump bolt was actually a spark plug!
i got it removed and a new nut welded over the old hole, and a new bolt with it! i then put the sump back on without a hitch paired an old Honda gasket from a local parts store.

next i changed all the broken bulbs out, gave it a clean etc.

Hopefully i can keep this interesting with some pictures in the next post