Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol

92 autocross CRX delsol Vic

Hey everyone Im a long time car enthusiast first time honda owner, from Victoria in Australia. I found/bought (impulsively) a 92 delsol a few days ago its fairly rough but its got some goodies and i think good potential for a autocross/hillclimb project car.
    havent had a good look over it but so far ive found:
    B20/B18 engine
    Skunk2 intake manifold
    Whale ***** intake (duno how good these are)
    Short shifter
    there may be more but i havent had a good chance to go through and check suspension and everything yet.

It also has a list of problems thats likely twice as long as the extras but im fairly mechanically minded so i should be able to sort them out hopefully with the help of the honda pros on this forum.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19451471_1561140790597772_295956803_o.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	140.5 KB 
ID:	30106  

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    Welcome! Have anymore photos of the engine of anything?
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Not yet wont have time to get into it until the weekend. More pics to follow

Member Array
    Car:
    G6E turbo
    Very nice lanevo
    FFamily

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Thanks mate, yeah its my money pit.
    Managed a couple pics after work bay pic to come. currently has some aids sticker bomb wrap on it and while it looks good low AF its not practical for what i wish to use it for so it will be lifted slightly to a point i wont destroy the sump if i drive over a pebble.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19549637_1563635800348271_1189943748_o.jpg 
Views:	98 
Size:	249.0 KB 
ID:	30107   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19621514_1563635780348273_783620630_n.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	30108  

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Welcome mate,nice cars!

Have you tracked the evo at winton? Always wanted to go there.

I'm keen to get down there soon as a friend offered me a house for a couple of weeks nearby.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Yeah ive been to winton before managed a 1:45 on 7 year old cheapo tyres. Got street semis now so im keen to get back will probably be sept/oct. House nearby would be handy its a 3hr+ drive either way for me

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Yeah,makes for a big day...the house is 2 1/2 hrs away... the track seams worth it though.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Its a fun track though i cant compare it to any other because its the only one ive done once this car is running well and im confident with how it runs ill take it up and see what it can do aswell

Member Array
    Car:
    Rolla Sportivo
    I reckon you'll get 1:43's or even lower easy. Brand new tyres will do the trick.
    Lived the Prelude Life 13/11/13 - 15/09/15
    My 1998 B-84P Prelude VTi-R
    Now living Getz with Lift life - 05 Corolla Sportivo - Standard Sportivo Mod Shiz

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Hoping to get into the 1 30s.

Bit of an update
    Went over the car abit better found rear end has poly bushes and rear adjustable camber arms.
    Previous owner had been running rims without hubcentric rings so ive bought some to fit the wheels.

I also found 3 codes on the ecu 6 14 and 36? 14 and 36 seem intermittent at the moment so ive started diagnosing the coolant temp code and found my gauge sensor was stuffed so i got a couple good ones from the wrecker for $8 and now i have a spare.
    Found a leak between the thermostat housing when i pulled the housing off to check the thermostat i found it was heavily corroded and pitted so i have cleaned filled and sanded it back to make it smooth and flat again ive also ordered a new gasket so once it comes ill put it back together and check for leaking if all else fails ive got permatex gasket maker but thats last resort. Ive also ordered a coolant pressure tester so i can test the system further for leaks.
    I also have put new plugs in as the ones in there werent correct.
    Pics to come on the weekend stay tuned
    Last edited by DSoulCRX; 19-07-2017 at 09:45 PM.

Member Array
    Car:
    91 eg5 b16a
    Nice update man.Also,squirt some water through the throttle body to remove the built up carbon around where the valves seat,then do tappet adjustment.But U probably know that..