Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Quote Originally Posted by Ek_TrackAddict View Post
    Sounds Awesome man, ive only just started to build an EK for track work myself. Although im running only a D16.

Had an EVO VII GSR which I ran around winton and managed a 1:38.9 so would be keen to see what your evo does with new tyres.
    Since i last went ive put camber bolts in the front havent had an alignment but id say its gone from stock -1 to about -1.5-1.75 so that should help understeer and with the new tyres i should be able to hit dip under 1:40 hopefully i also cooked my pads on the last outting so ive also got ebc reds on now.

Got my new bosch filter today pulled the "old" one off and im pretty certain its the one that came on the car back in 92 because the fuel that came out of the inlet side was like dirt. This along with the wrong plugs the previous owner had in it might be why the car was hesitating and bucking under acceleration. Im sure the car will be alot happier now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20840348_1616814491697068_498908000_n.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	88.2 KB 
ID:	30155  

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    UPdate, i was on holidays for a couple weeks so not alot happened, but ive ordered some front camber arms just waiting on them to put the driverside back together. also pulled apart most of the powersteering to reclamp the hoses as they were leaking/weeping had to drill out a bolt that was snapped off in the pump from the previous owner he was a fan of overtorquing everything. Also went and bought a new oil filter and some full syn 15-60 and ive got tyres just need to have them fitted and balanced.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Ok got the drivers side all back together with the front camber arms, having an issue with adjusting the camber i cant get near maxing the arms out as the upper arm sits on the spring if i do :/ at the moment its looking like i wont get much more than the factory arms and it was all a waste of time/money.

Tyres were fitted and balanced now ive just got to do the passenger side and then ill fire it up and see how it runs.

Upper arm sits on the spring? Wow never seen that before

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    not the actual upper arm the part that connects the lower control to the upper, its curved and when you get to a point in the adjustment it rubs on the spring.

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Update time.

Been on holidays and busy with work so havent had alot of time to work on the car but its getting close now.
    Seller for the camber arms said they are made to work with aftermarket coils because they arent as wide aparently so ill have to make do with what adjustment i have for now.
    Got an Integra Type R steering rack and put it in have also changed the sump seal and pulled the cover off the flywheel view port to find it also has an Exedy lightweight flywheel so thats another bonus.
    Ordered Dizzy o ring and vtec solenoid seal and will be doing front seals and timing belt next.
    Bit of a list of whats left to do before i fire

Replace rocker cover seal and front oil seals
    Do brake fluid
    Incorperate a catch can into the pcv system
    Fix the intake pipe and make a box to cover the pod filter
    Check and adjust valves
    Timing belt change

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Well all seals etc have been done and ive bled the brakes. Started it up and bled the cooling system idle is alot better now still has a slight hunt in idle from 6-900 im guessing a vacuum leak somewhere and the abs light is on so still abit of work to do but its slowly getting there may take it aro7nd the block tomorrow to see if it pulls smoothly.

The list
    Incorperate a catch can into the pcv system*
    Fix the intake pipe and make a box to cover the pod filter
    Fix abs light
    Fix hunting idle.

Then hopefully roady time

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Ok so I checked the codes and got the same 6 14 36 started to pull hair because i had already tested sensors and they were good then i decided to look into wiring and quickly found that there were a few plugs in the wrong places, IACV plug was in the radiator fan plug swapped it BAM code 14 gone. i then scoured the net to find what wired connectors are for which coolant plugs and BAM found the fan plug was in the temp sensor. Heres where it gets abit complex the original plug in the IACV was a Yellow w Black stripe and Red wire connector when i searched it up i get Vacuum sensor plug but i cant find anywhere to plug it in and im not getting any codes for it. I was also stumped because i couldnt find another plug on the loom for the temp sensor only thing i could think of was the previous owner in all his wisdom decided to cut it off, low and behold i found 2 wires for the sensor cut/taped and tucked into the loom sleeve...

So my question before i make a topic for anyone reading is it ok to cut the connector off the vacuum sensor plug and use that? or is there somewhere its spose to be plugged that im not seeing?

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Finally got the car to the point i was happy to take it for a drive!
    It was only a few blocks but mostly to check if it pulled smoothly and didnt make any weird noises. Pulls great! feels quite smooth only thing I was abit worried about was around 5k rpm CEL would pop up and the disappear once the revs dropped im wondering if this might be a vtec thing? because the oil line isnt currently connected to the head.
    When the CEL came up the engine didnt stumble or anything so im abit perplexed as to what it was.
    ABS light didnt go out getting code 1 so im going to have to pull the pump and try free it up :/ really was hoping to not have to do it...

Member Array
    Car:
    92 CRX delsol
    Car is out of the garage pretty much ready for club reg just waiting for the time/$ to take it in and get it inspected. Drives well and im looking forward to competing in it.